19 replies to this topic

#16 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Wow I am just a few weeks in and I think your doing wonderful!! I hope to feel like I could run in 6 months!!  Even if I am exhausted afterward just the gumption to get up and do it would be good enuf for me!! 

I do think there are hidden Gluten in alot of things!! I am not sure how to go 100% gluten free!! I thought I was 100% gluten free but then live and learn!! But like I said I am only a few weeks into it!

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Tbolt47

Tbolt47

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Wow I am just a few weeks in and I think your doing wonderful!! I hope to feel like I could run in 6 months!!  Even if I am exhausted afterward just the gumption to get up and do it would be good enuf for me!! 

I do think there are hidden Gluten in alot of things!! I am not sure how to go 100% gluten free!! I thought I was 100% gluten free but then live and learn!! But like I said I am only a few weeks into it!

Hello w8in4dave,

I would encourage activity/exercise, going for walks if at all possible. Prior to my diagnosis, and when beginning the gluten free diet. I was exhausted ( still unusually tired) but I had a difficult time falling asleep, and only slept for a few hours. I never felt refreshed . As I  forced myself to get back to my exercise routine. I began to fall asleep quicker and stay asleep longer. Still not good in this aspect but better.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian "  - Henry Ford

"What I can give, is never as much as I get from the giving "  -Author Unknown

#18 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

Hello w8in4dave,

I would encourage activity/exercise, going for walks if at all possible. Prior to my diagnosis, and when beginning the gluten free diet. I was exhausted ( still unusually tired) but I had a difficult time falling asleep, and only slept for a few hours. I never felt refreshed . As I  forced myself to get back to my exercise routine. I began to fall asleep quicker and stay asleep longer. Still not good in this aspect but better.

Tbolt47

I do exercise , I walk, I cannot run, But I try to walk every day!! 1 to 2 miles a day depending , and I am exhausted when I do it!! before I do it! Even if I could run I just wouldn't have the gumption!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#19 Tbolt47

Tbolt47

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Tbolt47

I do exercise , I walk, I cannot run, But I try to walk every day!! 1 to 2 miles a day depending , and I am exhausted when I do it!! before I do it! Even if I could run I just wouldn't have the gumption!! 

w8in4dave,

I certainly know the feeling, I actually felt worse, for a time , when I initially stopped eating gluten. I have been running for so many years it almost like a " compulsion " to continue.  It is great that you walk.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian "  - Henry Ford

"What I can give, is never as much as I get from the giving "  -Author Unknown

#20 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Ty :) I think it is great that you run!! I had surgery on my leg, it is crooked now! They told me I was lucky to walk let alone run!! Said I'd have a limp all my life! Well no limp , I go up and down stairs, They said I'd prob never be able to do that! Altho I cannot run I do walk , just to prove them wrong!! :) 

My oldest Daughter is a runner!! She loves it!! She just had a baby he just turned 3 months old!! She ran almost to the time of delivery , but not quite! Lol ....   she just started running again about a month ago!! It was hard for her to start again! But she has it again!! She is so happy now!! You remind me of her when you talk about running!! Great attitude keep it up!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: