4 replies to this topic

#1 Jewitch

Jewitch

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

Before I went gluten-free, I used to love Morning Star Farms foods. 

I'm not much of a meat eater.  I was dianosed with IBS years ago, & one of my triggers was fatty foods, so I had trouble with meat. I gave up Morning Star when I realized what was making me sick was gluten & started reading product labels.

The one Morning Star product I really miss is the Crumbles, which was so versitile. I used it several times a week.  Is there a gluten-free version, or does someone know of a recipe for a substitute I can make myself?

Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 karichelle

karichelle

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

Sol Cuisine makes a lot of gluten-free meatless products, and one of them is crumbles, though none of the stores around here have that particular variety. The sausage patties and tofu ribs are good though.

Beyond Meat is fairly new and is a gluten free chickenless strip that comes in 3 flavors.

Sunshine Burgers are gluten free. Earth Fare has a store brand gluten-free veggie burger. Costco has a Don Lee Farms gluten-free veggie burger in the refrigerated section near the meat.

Lightlife's new grillable Smart Dogs are also gluten free.

#3 Jewitch

Jewitch

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Wow!  That's a great list. Thanks so much!

#4 karichelle

karichelle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

You're very welcome -- I've been struggling with this myself and was just sharing what I have found so far.

I forgot to mention Franklin Farms -- no crumbles, but good burgers and veggieballs for spaghetti or subs. I LOVE the veggieballs with some marinara on a Schar sub roll topped with mozzarella (vegan Daiya in my case).

#5 MaryJones2

MaryJones2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

I just saw this the other day too.  We only do fresh tofu every once in a while so I haven't tried it.  Except for the flavored tofu Wildwood products are gluten-free:  http://www.wildwoodf...tofu-crumbles-2

The veggie burgers also look a lot like Moringstar Farms - definitely look like they stick together better than some of the other gluten-free ones out there.  I love Sunshine burgers but they are so quick to fall apart.  Sol stuff is great too.

---------------------------------

MP - celiac for 10 years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: