No replies to this topic

#1 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

I know this doesn't really help anyone outside my area unless they are traveling, but I discovered a great place today. While I was at the local gluten free fair my husband won a gift certificate for a place called Wallaby's which is a local BBQ joint. I've driven past it about a billion times but never thought of stopping in, thinking they couldn't possibly be safe. I was so wrong!

They're menu is mostly gluten free and they can even do gluten free desserts. We got a 2 for deal and both ate for under $20, and our gift certificate covered half. It was absolutely delicious. My husband said his fries were amazing and he would have enjoyed his baked beans if he didn't find an onion in them. :lol: I had smashers and fresh veggies, I loved my taters. We both had tri tip which was very good. Their BBQ is gluten free but has MSG and soy so it is off limits for me but is perfectly safe for celiacs and people love it. Our dinner also came with a berry cobbler dessert which wasn't anything to write home about, but wasn't bad either.

They also have their own bottled sodas. We didn't get any at first but caved later and I have to say they are extremely delicious but I'm also a sucker for sarsaparilla.

I get sick pretty immediately if I get gotten, and I'm not sick yet so woohoo! If anyone is local or traveling this is a great place to stop into in Utah county. It is also on State Street which is the main road through the entire state besides the freeway so it is super easy to find.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: