This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Am I Still Healing Or Is It Cc

niese

niese Explorer

That friend I mentioned above also had C.difficile and after taking all the antibiotics, then the MC raged and she was a mess. My intestinal tract was inflamed from mouth to rectum and I believe the probiotics helped reduce the inflammation and get the bowels regulated. I had bowel issues for my entire life. Not any more.

Again, just a suggestion.

Maybe this will shed more light?

Open Original Shared Link

thank you I learned alot from that, running out to get some probiotics  :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

thank you I learned alot from that, running out to get some probiotics  :)

check them for gluten-free, DF status....and multi-strains! 

niese Explorer

check them for gluten-free, DF status....and multi-strains! 

confused what is DF status and multi strains mean?

IrishHeart Veteran

DF means dairy free (you may see that a lot on this site ) 

You want a probiotic that has multi-strains of "good guy" bacteria because there are many that live in our gut and we want to replenish them.

They all have different jobs. For example, Lactobacillus GG is good for diarrhea.

Like this one-- Culturelle:

or this one Jarro -Dophilis AF which has several strains

or this  one adult Multi strain

I have used all these and they are all good, IMHO

niese Explorer

DF means dairy free (you may see that a lot on this site ) 

You want a probiotic that has multi-strains of "good guy" bacteria because there are many that live in our gut and we want to replenish them.

They all have different jobs. For example, Lactobacillus GG is good for diarrhea.

Like this one-- Culturelle:

or this one Jarro -Dophilis AF which has several strains

or this  one adult Multi strain

I have used all these and they are all good, IMHO

duhh on the DF I just couldn't figure that one out.  Culturelle is the one I had my eye on, only one our Walmart has and it just right on package gluten free so I was happy.

Gemini Experienced

No seperate toaster yet but then again I haven't had bread in over 2 months, refuse to pay those high prices and I haven't had the energy to bake but when I do yes I will be getting one.  My thought is to get a toaster oven however I just know it will be used for gluten food but I figured its easier to clean it out before I use it, any thoughts on that

On, no, no, no, no!!!!!!!!!!  Make sure everyone knows that it is your toaster, can only accommodate gluten-free food and if they violate your gluten-free space, they will suffer pain of death.  :ph34r:

OK..that does sound a bit dramatic, doesn't it?  You really need to explain to them that they just cannot use your toaster because you will get sick.  Put a little sign near to it so they won't forget...maybe with a cute little skull and cross bones.  :P   I use a toaster oven myself and like them very much.  I have a gluten-free household to it's easier for me.

niese Explorer

On, no, no, no, no!!!!!!!!!!  Make sure everyone knows that it is your toaster, can only accommodate gluten-free food and if they violate your gluten-free space, they will suffer pain of death.  :ph34r:

OK..that does sound a bit dramatic, doesn't it?  You really need to explain to them that they just cannot use your toaster because you will get sick.  Put a little sign near to it so they won't forget...maybe with a cute little skull and cross bones.  :P   I use a toaster ooven myself and like them very much.  I have a gluten-free household to it's easier for me.

LOL your funny.  I was checking out the Toasta bags is that safe to use, my mother in law won't hear of me having my own toaster, honestly I would worry that while I'm not looking she would use it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

LOL your funny.  I was checking out the Toasta bags is that safe to use, my mother in law won't hear of me having my own toaster, honestly I would worry that while I'm not looking she would use it.

This is for the rest of your life. You need your own toaster. They cost 7 bucks at walmart's.

Toast it bags cost a lot more.

Your MIL better get used to you needing some things that are YOURS--safe and totally dedicated, hon. And she better not

do anything to put your life in danger. You cannot afford to keep glutening yourself through cc and living in the bathroom all day long.

You may need to set some rules down. ;)

niese Explorer

This is for the rest of your life. You need your own toaster. They cost 7 bucks at walmart's.

Toast it bags cost a lot more.

Your MIL better get used to you needing some things that are YOURS--safe and totally dedicated, hon. And she better not

do anything to put your life in danger. You cannot afford to keep glutening yourself through cc and living in the bathroom all day long.

You may need to set some rules down. ;)

I hear that

frieze Community Regular

I hear that

Do you live with her, or does she live with you?  Not trying to split hairs here.  If you live with her, she is the alpha female, the other way around you are and need to make that point.  if it is the first, take your toaster into your bedroom and leave it there when not in use, or even toast  your bread there and bring it out the kitchen/dining room.  Should you have to go to these lengths, hell no.  But mother-in-law sounds like it may be nec.  good luck

IrishHeart Veteran

I hear that

I know it may be difficult considering you live together, but honestly, she will have to take your diagnosis seriously or risk having you ill

indefinitely. Your husband surely must realize this?

This can be done without causing a fight. You just need a little space for your things. You know best how to handle it, but many people on here co-exist with WEs (wheat eaters) without any trouble at all 

and if you need some assistance with that, they will come to your aid.  :)

Gemini Experienced

The toaster bags are great for traveling...I use them for that but this is everyday life and Irish's advice is spot on.  Your husband needs to have a talk with his mother and defend your needs.  It can be done nicely but it needs to be done.  There are only a few times when you have to take a step over that line that is being drawn in the sand but this is one of them.

Don't let this worry you.  Just make sure she understands, however the two of you have to go about it.

Make her an offer she can't refuse...... ;)   :)

niese Explorer

Do you live with her, or does she live with you?  Not trying to split hairs here.  If you live with her, she is the alpha female, the other way around you are and need to make that point.  if it is the first, take your toaster into your bedroom and leave it there when not in use, or even toast  your bread there and bring it out the kitchen/dining room.  Should you have to go to these lengths, hell no.  But mother-in-law sounds like it may be nec.  good luck

We live with my in-laws.  She has health issues and it was just easier to move in to help her, however since I got sick 11 wks ago I haven't been much of a help to her.  She thinks Celiac is all in my head and I am crazy for listening to the doc,  This morning she said there is something else wrong with you its been 11 wks you should be fine your gluten-free diet is not working just eat normal food you will be fine.  I replied with this is my body and since following gluten-free diet I have seen improvement in my health and I will NOT eat anything that is going to make me sick, if anyone has a problem with that too bad. Last night she was cutting an orange she lays a slice of the orange down in front of me on the counter says here have a slice, I said thanks but I will pass since you just laid that in all that gluten crumbs from your bread.  She freaked she said now your going crazy on me a little crumb or two isn't going to kill you, your going to end up being a mental person if you keep freaking out over a few crumbs on your food.  She just doesn't understand CC and won't listen when I try to educate her.  Grrrrrrr so frustrating. 

niese Explorer

The toaster bags are great for traveling...I use them for that but this is everyday life and Irish's advice is spot on.  Your husband needs to have a talk with his mother and defend your needs.  It can be done nicely but it needs to be done.  There are only a few times when you have to take a step over that line that is being drawn in the sand but this is one of them.

Don't let this worry you.  Just make sure she understands, however the two of you have to go about it.

Make her an offer she can't refuse...... ;)   :)

we both have tried to talk to her over and over.  The main problem is she thinks all doctors are stupid and don't know what they are talking about.  When I first told her I had Celiac she looked it up online and read some article that said gluten-free diet doesn't show much improvement for ADHD and said see this gluten-free diet won't work for you. Tried to point out they are referring to ADHD I don't have that plus the article was dated 2006 and so much has changed since then.  She's the type that knows everything about nothing.  Don't get me wrong I do love my mother-in-law we get along wonderful, but sometimes she gets something in her head and you can't get her to understand nor accept the facts.  I guess she feels this is her home and if I were to change anything she lost control of her castle, but I just have to find away to work this all out.  

frieze Community Regular

We live with my in-laws.  She has health issues and it was just easier to move in to help her, however since I got sick 11 wks ago I haven't been much of a help to her.  She thinks Celiac is all in my head and I am crazy for listening to the doc,  This morning she said there is something else wrong with you its been 11 wks you should be fine your gluten-free diet is not working just eat normal food you will be fine.  I replied with this is my body and since following gluten-free diet I have seen improvement in my health and I will NOT eat anything that is going to make me sick, if anyone has a problem with that too bad. Last night she was cutting an orange she lays a slice of the orange down in front of me on the counter says here have a slice, I said thanks but I will pass since you just laid that in all that gluten crumbs from your bread.  She freaked she said now your going crazy on me a little crumb or two isn't going to kill you, your going to end up being a mental person if you keep freaking out over a few crumbs on your food.  She just doesn't understand CC and won't listen when I try to educate her.  Grrrrrrr so frustrating. 

ah! yes, some of her behavior is probably motivated by denial of her own health issues, and the having to give up some of her independence.  If this is going to be a long term living arrangement, I would suggest investing in a separate, basic kitchen, for yourself.  I wouldn't trust her not to sabotage you.

IrishHeart Veteran

ah! yes, some of her behavior is probably motivated by denial of her own health issues, and the having to give up some of her independence.  If this is going to be a long term living arrangement, I would suggest investing in a separate, basic kitchen, for yourself.  I would trust her not to sabotage you.

This! I totally agree.

frieze Community Regular

This! I totally agree.

sometimes ya gotta work with what you're given, banging your head agin the wall, ain't gonna change 'er.  Y'all will gest end up with a soar hade!

Archived