#1 CommonTater

CommonTater

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

Share with us what you buy.

I have tried EVERYTHING and prefer BiAglut. It's an Italian brand of gluten-free products, has been produced in Italy for more than 45 years by the Italian affiliate of H. J. Heinz Company.

It taste EXACTLY like real wheat pasta. I order the different pasta's we use a few times a year.  The best thing about this pasta is that you can serve it to non-gluten-free people and they don't notice the difference. It is certainly the BEST of the best.

It's GLUTEN-FREE, WHEAT FREE, MILK FREE AND EGG FREE.
Ingredients:
Cornstarch, Potato Flour, Lupin Flour, Lupin Proteins, Mono and Diglycerides (Emulsifier).

http://www.quattrobi...alse&category=4

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,989 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

We like Tinkyada.

The three we buy regularly are Brown Rice Spaghetti, Brown Rice Elbows, and Brown Rice Lasagne. We have tried the White Rice Spaghetti, but don't like it as much as the brown rice version.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

yeah, we buy the tinkyada, too.  i hadn't found a good sub for egg noodles until i found some in a rinky-dink beach grocery in florida and the brand is:  seitenbacher.  they are made in germany - very light and delicate.  my husband likes them better than 'regular' with his stroganoff :)  you can order them online.

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

I agree on the Bi-Aglut and on another fantastic Italian pasta.....Le Veneziane.   http://www.quattrobi...paghetti-2.aspx

It is as good, if not slightly better, than the Bi-Aglut.  I rank either one as the best I have ever tasted but you have to be able to tolerate corn products.  Some people like the rice pasta

but it's more a question of texture for me.  I have fooled people with the Bi-Aglut and Veneziane, which is not so easy to do!

#5 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

I buy a rice macaroni in bulk (I get the unopened boxes) for something like $1.25 a pound. It is every bit as good as Tinkyada. I was getting penne the same way at an ever so slightly higher price but it just doesn't hold up real well. I think I'm switching to those quinoa pagoda thingers in the blue box. I tried some last month when they were on sale and they're really good.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

Ancient harvest quinoa. Two ingredients corn flour and quinoa flour. http://www.quinoa.net/145/163.html the best i've had.

#7 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

In the UK I like Doves Farm rice pasta. Penne, twirls and spaghetti are all good, and hold up pretty well.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#8 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Ancient harvest quinoa. Two ingredients corn flour and quinoa flour. http://www.quinoa.net/145/163.html the best i've had.

That's the kind that I decided to switch to! It is really good.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#9 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

Tinkyada does nothing for me (sorry!) but I prefer making it myself. When I don't, I like one brand I found that has a millet/buckwheat combo as well as sweet potato. Nicer than plain rice or corn but I do not know the name. Great flavour and texture.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#10 GlutenStinks15

GlutenStinks15

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

After trying some REALLY bad ones, I settled on Hodgson Mill brown rice penne and I'm really happy with it.

Celiac disease April 2013 -- so glad I got answers and can heal now.

Love Red Apple Lipstick!

#11 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Bi-Aglut  is one  of the best....  for  fresh pasta,  Rp's  is  excellent , I use  that  for  cold pasta  salads , holds up  wonderful......there are  a  few  new  brands  that  will be  available  later  in the year.... Tinkyada

is  not  a  favorite  but it  is  an  easy  find....

With  Bi-Aglut  most  gluten  eaters  have  no idea  they  are  eating  gluten-free pasta....

#12 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

yeah, we buy the tinkyada, too.  i hadn't found a good sub for egg noodles until i found some in a rinky-dink beach grocery in florida and the brand is:  seitenbacher.  they are made in germany - very light and delicate.  my husband likes them better than 'regular' with his stroganoff :)  you can order them online.

BiAglut makes an egg noodle.

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#13 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Bi-Aglut  is one  of the best....  for  fresh pasta,  Rp's  is  excellent , I use  that  for  cold pasta  salads , holds up  wonderful......there are  a  few  new  brands  that  will be  available  later  in the year.... Tinkyada

is  not  a  favorite  but it  is  an  easy  find....

With  Bi-Aglut  most  gluten  eaters  have  no idea  they  are  eating  gluten-free pasta....

Yes, my daughter, her husband and kids didn't believe BiAglut was gluten free, I had to get a package and let them, read Gluten Free on it.

#14 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

I agree on the Bi-Aglut and on another fantastic Italian pasta.....Le Veneziane.   http://www.quattrobi...paghetti-2.aspx

It is as good, if not slightly better, than the Bi-Aglut.  I rank either one as the best I have ever tasted but you have to be able to tolerate corn products.  Some people like the rice pasta

but it's more a question of texture for me.  I have fooled people with the Bi-Aglut and Veneziane, which is not so easy to do!

We started out with brown rice pasta but didn't like the texture, switched to the Quinoa pasta but after a while I really disliked the taste, it had such a CORN flavor then a friend told me about Bi-AGlut and we fell in love.

#15 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

I like Sam Mills.

And I can't wait to order this:

http://www.depumaspasta.com/

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004