Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

What Brand Of Pasta Do You All Buy?

45 posts in this topic

Share with us what you buy.

I have tried EVERYTHING and prefer BiAglut. It's an Italian brand of gluten-free products, has been produced in Italy for more than 45 years by the Italian affiliate of H. J. Heinz Company.

It taste EXACTLY like real wheat pasta. I order the different pasta's we use a few times a year.  The best thing about this pasta is that you can serve it to non-gluten-free people and they don't notice the difference. It is certainly the BEST of the best.

It's GLUTEN-FREE, WHEAT FREE, MILK FREE AND EGG FREE.
Ingredients:
Cornstarch, Potato Flour, Lupin Flour, Lupin Proteins, Mono and Diglycerides (Emulsifier).

http://www.quattrobimbi.com/search.aspx?find=BiAglut&log=false&category=4

Ads by Google:

We like Tinkyada.

The three we buy regularly are Brown Rice Spaghetti, Brown Rice Elbows, and Brown Rice Lasagne. We have tried the White Rice Spaghetti, but don't like it as much as the brown rice version.

yeah, we buy the tinkyada, too.  i hadn't found a good sub for egg noodles until i found some in a rinky-dink beach grocery in florida and the brand is:  seitenbacher.  they are made in germany - very light and delicate.  my husband likes them better than 'regular' with his stroganoff :)  you can order them online.

I agree on the Bi-Aglut and on another fantastic Italian pasta.....Le Veneziane.   http://www.quattrobimbi.com/cornpastaspaghetti-2.aspx

It is as good, if not slightly better, than the Bi-Aglut.  I rank either one as the best I have ever tasted but you have to be able to tolerate corn products.  Some people like the rice pasta

but it's more a question of texture for me.  I have fooled people with the Bi-Aglut and Veneziane, which is not so easy to do!

I buy a rice macaroni in bulk (I get the unopened boxes) for something like $1.25 a pound. It is every bit as good as Tinkyada. I was getting penne the same way at an ever so slightly higher price but it just doesn't hold up real well. I think I'm switching to those quinoa pagoda thingers in the blue box. I tried some last month when they were on sale and they're really good.

In the UK I like Doves Farm rice pasta. Penne, twirls and spaghetti are all good, and hold up pretty well.

Ancient harvest quinoa. Two ingredients corn flour and quinoa flour. http://www.quinoa.net/145/163.html the best i've had.

That's the kind that I decided to switch to! It is really good.

Tinkyada does nothing for me (sorry!) but I prefer making it myself. When I don't, I like one brand I found that has a millet/buckwheat combo as well as sweet potato. Nicer than plain rice or corn but I do not know the name. Great flavour and texture.

After trying some REALLY bad ones, I settled on Hodgson Mill brown rice penne and I'm really happy with it.

Bi-Aglut  is one  of the best....  for  fresh pasta,  Rp's  is  excellent , I use  that  for  cold pasta  salads , holds up  wonderful......there are  a  few  new  brands  that  will be  available  later  in the year.... Tinkyada

is  not  a  favorite  but it  is  an  easy  find....

With  Bi-Aglut  most  gluten  eaters  have  no idea  they  are  eating  gluten-free pasta....

yeah, we buy the tinkyada, too.  i hadn't found a good sub for egg noodles until i found some in a rinky-dink beach grocery in florida and the brand is:  seitenbacher.  they are made in germany - very light and delicate.  my husband likes them better than 'regular' with his stroganoff :)  you can order them online.

BiAglut makes an egg noodle.

Bi-Aglut  is one  of the best....  for  fresh pasta,  Rp's  is  excellent , I use  that  for  cold pasta  salads , holds up  wonderful......there are  a  few  new  brands  that  will be  available  later  in the year.... Tinkyada

is  not  a  favorite  but it  is  an  easy  find....

With  Bi-Aglut  most  gluten  eaters  have  no idea  they  are  eating  gluten-free pasta....

Yes, my daughter, her husband and kids didn't believe BiAglut was gluten free, I had to get a package and let them, read Gluten Free on it.

I agree on the Bi-Aglut and on another fantastic Italian pasta.....Le Veneziane.   http://www.quattrobimbi.com/cornpastaspaghetti-2.aspx

It is as good, if not slightly better, than the Bi-Aglut.  I rank either one as the best I have ever tasted but you have to be able to tolerate corn products.  Some people like the rice pasta

but it's more a question of texture for me.  I have fooled people with the Bi-Aglut and Veneziane, which is not so easy to do!

We started out with brown rice pasta but didn't like the texture, switched to the Quinoa pasta but after a while I really disliked the taste, it had such a CORN flavor then a friend told me about Bi-AGlut and we fell in love.

Yeah...I am going to be placing an order for Depuma's soon.  I just made up a fresh batch of meatballs and sauce so I'm ready..... :D

Wow!! Love this thread!!! I will have to try some of these!! See what ones I like!! Very nice thread!! :) 

I buy mostly brown rice pasta, and that cheap asian vermicelli from Kroger. Sometime I use corn pasta when I want to thicken a soup or sauce, because that stuff is starchy.  :blink: 

happy_2b_me I love your avatar!!

My favorite so far is Le Veniziane..

I've been eating a lot of corn pasta lately, usually Sammills (they sell it for a good price at my local grocery). I find it holds up better than rice pasta. Or I go down to the Italian grocery and splurge on some good imported italian stuff. They've really got it right! I usually get a rice/corn mix if I'm making dinner for someone or taking potluck, as it's more like "real" pasta

There's also someone in Toronto making pasta from red lentils, beans, a couple other things. It's expensive, so have only gotten the red lentil rotini a couple times. Very hardy.

If i was in the US, I would definitely be ordering some of that fresh stuff. Oooh ravioli...

I've had good luck with the rice & corn pasta at Target. It's the store brand, Archer Farms, & it's made in Italy.  I've tried several rice-only brands, & they seemed really starchy. One brand turned the cooking water gelatinous.  However, Target has no dedicated gluten-free section (in spite of my FB posts...lol) so you'll have to look for it in the pasta section.

Very nice tips!! I went to the Whole food store or Market today :) I bought a couple small bags I don't remember what kind they were! I will have to run down and look ... I am a lil apprehensive to try it!! Never have b4.  I bought the ones that looked "more" normal. I was going to try them 1st then try them on hubbs and see if he likes them. My daughter is vegetarian she said the rice noodles are really good!! We will see!! :) 

Very nice tips!! I went to the Wholecornsstore or Market today :) I bought a couple small bags I don't remember what kind they were! I will have to run down and look ... I am a lil apprehensive to try it!! Never have b4.  I bought the ones that looked "more" normal. I was going to try them 1st then try them on hubbs and see if he likes them. My daughter is vegetarian she said the rice noodles are really good!! We will see!! :)

We adore Asian rice noodles. We have 12 kinds of Asian noodles including mung bean, green bean, cornstarch, glass, vermicelli, etc. All good and naturally gluten free. I do a lot of Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. cooking.

We adore Asian rice noodles. We have 12 kinds of Asian noodles including mung bean, green bean, cornstarch, glass, vermicelli, etc. All good and naturally gluten free. I do a lot of Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. cooking.

Haha cannot believe I wrote "Wholecornsstore" LOL Thats funny!! I am so tired tho and still have the "Brain fog" It "Whole Food Market?" I cannot even remember the name of the store LOL Any hoo I found 1 bag of the noodles I bought and it is made by : bionature : They are Rice , Potato and soy. I said I only found one of the bag , but I think I only bought one bag. I had two and only ended out buying one. Well maby I should go to bed now huh?