44 replies to this topic

#16 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

Yeah...I am going to be placing an order for Depuma's soon.  I just made up a fresh batch of meatballs and sauce so I'm ready..... :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

Wow!! Love this thread!!! I will have to try some of these!! See what ones I like!! Very nice thread!! :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#18 happy_2b_me

happy_2b_me

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

I buy mostly brown rice pasta, and that cheap asian vermicelli from Kroger. Sometime I use corn pasta when I want to thicken a soup or sauce, because that stuff is starchy.  :blink: 

#19 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:04 AM

happy_2b_me I love your avatar!!

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#20 Nikki2777

Nikki2777

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

My favorite so far is Le Veniziane..

#21 Pegleg84

Pegleg84

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

I've been eating a lot of corn pasta lately, usually Sammills (they sell it for a good price at my local grocery). I find it holds up better than rice pasta. Or I go down to the Italian grocery and splurge on some good imported italian stuff. They've really got it right! I usually get a rice/corn mix if I'm making dinner for someone or taking potluck, as it's more like "real" pasta

There's also someone in Toronto making pasta from red lentils, beans, a couple other things. It's expensive, so have only gotten the red lentil rotini a couple times. Very hardy.

If i was in the US, I would definitely be ordering some of that fresh stuff. Oooh ravioli...

~ Be a light unto yourself. ~ - The Buddha

- Gluten-free since March 2009 (not officially diagnosed, but most likely Celiac). Symptoms have greatly improved or disappeared since.
- Soy intolerant. Dairy free (likely casein intolerant). Problems with eggs, quinoa, brown rice

- mild gastritis seen on endoscopy Oct 2012. Not sure if healed or not.
- Family members with Celiac: Mother, sister, aunt on mother's side, aunt and uncle on father's side, more being diagnosed every year.

#22 Jewitch

Jewitch

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

I've had good luck with the rice & corn pasta at Target. It's the store brand, Archer Farms, & it's made in Italy.  I've tried several rice-only brands, & they seemed really starchy. One brand turned the cooking water gelatinous.  However, Target has no dedicated gluten-free section (in spite of my FB posts...lol) so you'll have to look for it in the pasta section.

#23 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

Very nice tips!! I went to the Whole food store or Market today :) I bought a couple small bags I don't remember what kind they were! I will have to run down and look ... I am a lil apprehensive to try it!! Never have b4.  I bought the ones that looked "more" normal. I was going to try them 1st then try them on hubbs and see if he likes them. My daughter is vegetarian she said the rice noodles are really good!! We will see!! :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#24 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

Very nice tips!! I went to the Wholecornsstore or Market today :) I bought a couple small bags I don't remember what kind they were! I will have to run down and look ... I am a lil apprehensive to try it!! Never have b4.  I bought the ones that looked "more" normal. I was going to try them 1st then try them on hubbs and see if he likes them. My daughter is vegetarian she said the rice noodles are really good!! We will see!! :)

We adore Asian rice noodles. We have 12 kinds of Asian noodles including mung bean, green bean, cornstarch, glass, vermicelli, etc. All good and naturally gluten free. I do a lot of Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. cooking.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#25 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

We adore Asian rice noodles. We have 12 kinds of Asian noodles including mung bean, green bean, cornstarch, glass, vermicelli, etc. All good and naturally gluten free. I do a lot of Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. cooking.

Haha cannot believe I wrote "Wholecornsstore" LOL Thats funny!! I am so tired tho and still have the "Brain fog" It "Whole Food Market?" I cannot even remember the name of the store LOL Any hoo I found 1 bag of the noodles I bought and it is made by : bionature : They are Rice , Potato and soy. I said I only found one of the bag , but I think I only bought one bag. I had two and only ended out buying one. Well maby I should go to bed now huh? 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#26 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Haha cannot believe I wrote "Wholecornsstore" LOL Thats funny!! I am sguessing itred tho and still have the "Brain fog" It "Whole Food Market?" I cannot even remember the name of the store LOL Any hoo I found 1 bag of the noodles I bought and it is made by : bionature : They are Rice , Potato and soy. I said I only found one of the bag , but I think I only bought one bag. I had two and only ended out buying one. Well maby I should go to bed now huh?

That could have been my error. From time to time, my tablet likes to jump all over the place and inserts letters and words. I am guessing it happened when I was typing "cornstarch" and my less than brilliant tablet added it to your blurb. Weird!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#27 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

No really sweetie I have been drinking wine :) so blame it on me hahaha ... I was probably trying to type Whole food , but was thinking corn noodles lol ... What ever no worries 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#28 rene83

rene83

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

I get the trader joes brown rice pasta. I can't hardly tell the difference. It has a nice texture too and is hard to overcook to boot. 

#29 Myself

Myself

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

DeBoles-Gluten-Free-Rice-Spaghetti-Style

#30 MissyBB

MissyBB

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

I really like GoGo Quinoa brand. It is a rice/quinoa combo pasta and it has a mouth feel and texture of wheat pasta. I belong to the ONFC and order it all from there as it is much cheaper than any grocery store or Walmart. 

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

~Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: