#1 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

http://glutenfreeheaven.com/

Okay, so I said I would share and here it is. This woman is absolutely amazing. This weekend I had the chance to try her bread, which tasted like bread. (I'm admittedly lazy and will continue to buy bread.) But that isn't what is special.

Special is the donuts. I thought I would die right there on the spot when I popped a little fresh fried donut in my mouth. I could have stood there all afternoon and eaten them until I was sick. My gluten eating husband says they were amazing too.

I brought home a package of donut mix and red velvet cake mix and will probably make the cake sometime this week and I'm sure will report back that it was as great as the donuts.

Anyway, I can not say enough good things about how wonderful her things were that I tried, the donuts most of all. And I pointed this out in another thread I believe, but Betty Crocker also was so impressed with her biscuit mix that it is the new and improved (as in, not so sucky) gluten free Bisquick. So go, get yourself some donuts, and be happy!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

frozen pie crust???!!!!  shuuut.  UP!  :D  

nom nom nom nommmmmm......  

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

I'm spoiled, I don't even have to pay for shipping. I can just email or call her and drive on up to her house or have her drop it off while she's down my way. But yes, frozen pie crusts. And for the lazy days, the donuts come frozen and ready to defrost and fry!

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

Are they anything like Krispy Kreme donuts or like cake donuts?

Edited to add, forget the question, she doesn't ship.

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#5 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'm sure that if there is enough interest outside the area she would start doing shipping right on her site, or if you email her she can quote you a shipping price. The bags aren't very large and I mail things to my kids all the time using those flat rate postal boxes, which I think are $12.95 for a medium box. Right now I only have the skinny boxes and none of the more square ones, but you could probably fit a a half dozen mixes in a box, maybe a few more at that price. Or maybe it would be cheaper to do "regular" shipping, I don't know. I don't mess with that nonsense because I like the 2 day stuff.

The donuts are like a glazed donut from Dunkin Donuts. I was never familiar with Krispy Kreme, I ate one once and frankly hated it.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Just saw this as a link on her site on the bottom left under information "shipping & returns" http://www.glutenfre...fr/shipping.php

I would just use the contact us page and ask about having an order shipped and the cost. Her website is brand new (as in set up just this weekend) even though she has been in business for a fairly long time and she may not have a shipping option set up yet.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#7 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Looks like good prices. The doughnuts intrigue me. Are they light and puffy and airy or cakey? That has sort of been asked but we want DETAILS!!! The other stuff is easy to make but doughnuts are not (gluten free). But the convenience would sometimes be awesome. Spill it!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#8 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

Looks like good prices. The doughnuts intrigue me. Are they light and puffy and airy or cakey? That has sort of been asked but we want DETAILS!!! The other stuff is easy to make but doughnuts are not (gluten free). But the convenience would sometimes be awesome. Spill it!

They're puffy! Like if you bite one in half the inside looks just like a Dunkin Donuts donut. And it melts in your mouth in the same way and has just the same amount of melty/chewiness.

omg... now I don't know if I should make my cake or donuts first!

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#9 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

They're puffy! Like if you bite one in half the inside looks just like a Dunkin Donuts donut. And it melts in your mouth in the same way and has just the same amount of melty/chewiness.

omg... now I don't know if I should make my cake or donuts first!

I have never had a dunkin doughnut before, just Tim Horton's and homemade.

You had me at puffy.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#10 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

One more reason that Utah is the best ever place to live! World's best gluten free donuts. :D I'm gonna get so fat.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#11 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

Man, I would, too! Well, I already do have some extra adipose tissue I would not mind parting with.

#12 Salax

Salax

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

:( boo. Cornstarch......

Awell....glad they are getting good reviews.

Salax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Celiac Disease - Gluten Free since Feb 2009,
Cow Milk &  Corn free - June 2012,
Gall Bladder Failure - Removed July 2009,
Colitis, Hashimotos Disease, & Diverticulitis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
( )_( )
(='.'=)
(")_(") Eat your vegetables!

#13 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

This thread is so funny!!!!!!!  Now, sitting here in New England, where DD's started, I can still taste a donut and it's been over 8 years since I had a gluten one.  You do realize, Addy, that your address will become a gluten free stop on any Celiac's road tour of the West?  I have wanted to come to Utah and now I have an added reason....donuts that are ready for the hot oil!

#14 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Just stop up in Lehi, pick up the donuts, call me and swing on down to fry them. As long as you're sharing the donuts I'll give you an uncontaminated fryer to use! :D

Or you know... just use the "contact us" link and ask her how to get the mix sent to your house. Since the website is brand new I'm guessing that that could be why it doesn't have that set up yet.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#15 Pegleg84

Pegleg84

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

I was lucky enough to have my first gluten-free doughnut a couple weeks ago, from a gluten-free/vegan bakery here in toronto. More cakey than fry-ey, but ooohhhh sooooo goooood! Good thing this place is a bit out of the way for me, or I might end up with a doughnut habit.

They also had pretty fantastic gluten-free/vegan bread. Aparently the baker went through over a dozen recipes before figuring out what worked.

Anyway, if I'm ever in Utah, I'll look this up.

If you're ever in Toronto, go all the way east on Queen St to Tori's Bakeshop in the Beaches. A little $$ but so so worth it.

Also, gluten-free red velvet cake would be awesome

~ Be a light unto yourself. ~ - The Buddha

- Gluten-free since March 2009 (not officially diagnosed, but most likely Celiac). Symptoms have greatly improved or disappeared since.
- Soy intolerant. Dairy free (likely casein intolerant). Problems with eggs, quinoa, brown rice

- mild gastritis seen on endoscopy Oct 2012. Not sure if healed or not.
- Family members with Celiac: Mother, sister, aunt on mother's side, aunt and uncle on father's side, more being diagnosed every year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: