#1 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Try to make this short:

Went to Doc. Asked him for the Celiac test. he had it done , plus regular blood terst :) but the girl didn't take enuf blood for Celiac, the place that was doing the blood test called, I went in and gave more blood, they even took more , just in case. So I went home and waited. Dr. office calls a few days later and the girl said my bllod test were all normal. I asked her, What about my celiac test, she said your blood test were all normal, sooo in my head , no Celiac... I was thinking, ok I must be just sensitive . What ever!! So that was a couple weeks ago. Today I got a letter in the mail asking to call the Dr's office , I do,  they told me my Celiac test was positive ... well I argued and she said my test was right there in front of her... I don't think my Celiac test had been in yet when my other blood tests were in .. So Wow!! was my 1st thought!!! 2'nd thought was Yay! I have answers!! 3rd thought! I have to go back on gluten to go see another dr. I can do it!! I will make sure I take care of me!!! Thanks for everything!! I love this site!! I had Nooooooo idea how long a Celiac test took!! Answers! Are wonderful!! 

If you get a blood test for Celiac , Ask how long before the test come back!!! Altho the blood draw person may give a stupid answer like "ohhh a couple of days" 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

so glad you're getting answers!! 

Try to make this short:

Went to Doc. Asked him for the Celiac test. he had it done , plus regular blood terst :) but the girl didn't take enuf blood for Celiac, the place that was doing the blood test called, I went in and gave more blood, they even took more , just in case. So I went home and waited. Dr. office calls a few days later and the girl said my bllod test were all normal. I asked her, What about my celiac test, she said your blood test were all normal, sooo in my head , no Celiac... I was thinking, ok I must be just sensitive . What ever!! So that was a couple weeks ago. Today I got a letter in the mail asking to call the Dr's office , I do,  they told me my Celiac test was positive ... well I argued and she said my test was right there in front of her... I don't think my Celiac test had been in yet when my other blood tests were in .. So Wow!! was my 1st thought!!! 2'nd thought was Yay! I have answers!! 3rd thought! I have to go back on gluten to go see another dr. I can do it!! I will make sure I take care of me!!! Thanks for everything!! I love this site!! I had Nooooooo idea how long a Celiac test took!! Answers! Are wonderful!! 

If you get a blood test for Celiac , Ask how long before the test come back!!! Altho the blood draw person may give a stupid answer like "ohhh a couple of days" 

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Good example of why I tell people to get a copy of the report!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

Oh, that's the story.  Thanks.

#5 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Oh... And I forgot! Welcome to the club!

Disclaimer: due to the increase in Celiac and NCGI diagnoses, the secret decoder rings and official membership pin are on back order. You should receive yours about the same time they stop growing wheat in Kansas.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

Wow.  i'm glad that you know! :) If you have to do a gluten challenge, I hope it's not too hard on you.

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Oh... And I forgot! Welcome to the club!

Disclaimer: due to the increase in Celiac and NCGI diagnoses, the secret decoder rings and official membership pin are on back order. You should receive yours about the same time they stop growing wheat in Kansas.

I almost had tea coming out my nose on that reply, Kareng...... :lol:

#8 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

And here I was expecting a ring and pin!! Wheat in Kansas? I have wheat growing down the road from me!! 

Thanks for your replies!! It is wonderful to know!! I Have wonderful friends that are very supportive of me with this!! I am so blessed!! Now my poor daughter!! Her husbands mother was Diagnosed with Celiac about 6 months ago. So my Daughters 3 Kids have a double whamy!! I have told my oldest daughter but not my son. I need to give him a call and let him know. I should tell my sisters also. I guess! Is this something every Family member on my side should know? Most everyone lives so far from me. 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#9 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

... I guess! Is this something every Family member on my side should know? Most everyone lives so far from me. 

That's great you are letting everyone know. It can really spread out through a family. On my dad's side, his maternal aunt and one of my cousin's kids has celiac disease, but I suspect another cousin. On my mom's side, I have a first cousin with it, and a couple of more that I suspect. I think if everyone was tested there would be a couple of more cases.

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

#10 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

welcome to the best club you never wanted to join  ^_^

wait.  you mean EVERYBODY gets a secret decoder ring????!!!!  so much for my inflated ego and mad celiac skills.  so, does everybody get the tinfoil hat, too???  geez.  what a rip... <_<

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

#11 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

welcome to the best club you never wanted to join  ^_^

wait.  you mean EVERYBODY gets a secret decoder ring????!!!!  so much for my inflated ego and mad celiac skills.  so, does everybody get the tinfoil hat, too???  geez.  what a rip... <_<

As I remember...the tinfoil hat was your idea....  tinfoilhatsmile.gif

santa-dance.gif

#12 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Checking the air waves for incoming celiacs from space again, K??

well, w8tin4 dave.... :)

All I can say is: Welcome to the family. Read all you can. Ask questions. Live a long and happy  gluten-free life.

I highly recommend this book for you and your family:

Real Life with Celiac Disease

by Melinda Dennis and Daniel :Leffler

http://www.reallifew...iacdisease.com/

and the Newbie 101 thread which was written by some chick we know..

I will refrain from commenting further on the inept way you were given the results of your blood work, emphasize that you should always get copies of everything ever run in a lab and I have no idea why it took so long for you to get the celiac panel results as they usually come back within days around my neck of the woods. And I live in the woods.

Whatever!....you know now and your positive attitude will be your best advantage. ;)

I'll go check on the shipment of decoder rings, pins and the latest addition...tee shirts that say 

"Gluten free is sexy. Like me." 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#13 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

This is Arlene....Not me!  B)

santa-dance.gif

#14 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

'scuse me. K....my bad

lemme try that again....ahemmm

" Checking the airwaves for incoming  celiacs from space, Arlene?"

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#15 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

ohhh, yeah.....  prototype........

see what she did there?   B)

'scuse me. K....my bad

lemme try that again....ahemmm

" Checking the airwaves for incoming  celiacs from space, Arlene?"

NOTME!!!  (whistling......)   :)   maybe.......

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: