31 replies to this topic

#16 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

thinking to myself....after this, w8tin4dave may not WANT to be part of this lunatic family.... ^_^

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

thinking to myself....after this, w8tin4dave may not WANT to be part of this lunatic family.... ^_^

I think W8 has a sense of humor. If not, I have wasted some of my best material!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#18 MissyBB

MissyBB

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

Oh... And I forgot! Welcome to the club!

Disclaimer: due to the increase in Celiac and NCGI diagnoses, the secret decoder rings and official membership pin are on back order. You should receive yours about the same time they stop growing wheat in Kansas.

That was funny! Thanks for giving me a smile before I even finished my first cup of coffee this morning.  :D

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

~Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)

#19 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

I think W8 has a sense of humor. If not, I have wasted some of my best material!

yes!! I know she does, otherwise I would not have taken so many liberties myself.  :lol:

That was funny! Thanks for giving me a smile before I even finished my first cup of coffee this morning.  :D

apparently, you have NOT wasted your best material, K!

Now if we can get her to spit the coffee on the laptop, then we have really done our jobs!

Good morning, Missy BB! ;)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#20 frieze

frieze

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

see, you would have gotten me with spitting the coffee, BUT, I am wise to ya, lol. make sure I don't read till after I swallow.

#21 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

see, you would have gotten me with spitting the coffee, BUT, I am wise to ya, lol. make sure I don't read till after I swallow.

Took me a while to catch on to the morning coffee lesson, then if I cruised by later on the day, I'd get caught with the cocktail spit.

(Shroomie liked to make fun of me for that one) :)

Now, I am a pro. I sip, swallow, put it DOWN on the table next to me... and, then read. 

ack! So many mental machinations to perform...mutter mutter mutter

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#22 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

And here I was expecting a ring and pin!! Wheat in Kansas? I have wheat growing down the road from me!! 

Thanks for your replies!! It is wonderful to know!! I Have wonderful friends that are very supportive of me with this!! I am so blessed!! Now my poor daughter!! Her husbands mother was Diagnosed with Celiac about 6 months ago. So my Daughters 3 Kids have a double whamy!! I have told my oldest daughter but not my son. I need to give him a call and let him know. I should tell my sisters also. I guess! Is this something every Family member on my side should know? Most everyone lives so far from me. 

I hope you all seen this!! Lol yes I have a sense of humor! Haha I will be w8in4aring!! Hopefully 1 carat upscale diamond!! Maby a chocolate diamond? Every one LOVES chocolate!! :)

Wipes coffee off of computer screen.. Ohhh it from the other side!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#23 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

So should I go back on Gluten before I see this gastroenterologist???? I have already been diagnosed! I actually don't think I was totally off of gluten anyway! There are some hidden things I didn't know about!! I had a salad the other day and it sent me right to the restroom!! Here I foind out the Blue Cheese is glutenized!! I think I remember reading that , but totally forgot!! Really!! How long does it take to be Totally Gluten Free anyway!! ???

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#24 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

Blue cheese is safe for Celiacs. Not sure who made your salad? If it was purchase somewhered, that may be your problem. It is possible Blue cheese dressing might have flour in , I guess.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#25 GlutenStinks15

GlutenStinks15

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Ok so wait, seriously, no ring? I'm so upset right now! What about a t shirt? Can I get a t shirt? :D

Glad you're getting answers. So many Dr's give misinformation so do GOOD research before you see GI. One GI told my neice, "well, I want to do endoscopy to see how much damage there is to see how much gluten you can have on a regular basis." When I heard that, I screamed, "FIND ANOTHER GI !!"

They just DON'T always know.

Celiac disease April 2013 -- so glad I got answers and can heal now.

Love Red Apple Lipstick!

#26 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Blue cheese is safe for Celiacs. Not sure who made your salad? If it was purchase somewhered, that may be your problem. It is possible Blue cheese dressing might have flour in , I guess.

Well I did use Blue cheese dressing.... hmmmm see it takes some gettin used to to be Gluten Free all the way!! I went to red robin ... it was their avo cobbo salad ... Let me look it up a sec I have something to show you ...

Ohhh GlutenStinks15 I hope your niece is ok !! She was diagnosed so I think your prob helping her :)

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#27 GlutenStinks15

GlutenStinks15

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

Ohhh GlutenStinks15 I hope your niece is ok !! She was diagnosed so I think your prob helping her :)

Thanks! I'm def doing all I can to help. She's 13 and not enjoying the dietary changes. Having me there to go through it with her is helping I think. They're in the process of getting my younger niece tested now.

Celiac disease April 2013 -- so glad I got answers and can heal now.

Love Red Apple Lipstick!

#28 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

Well I did use Blue cheese dressing.... hmmmm see it takes some gettin used to to be Gluten Free all the way!! I went to red robin ... it was their avo cobbo salad ... Let me look it up a sec I have something to show you ...

Red Robin is very good with gluten-free. If they said the dressing was gluten-free, it likely was.

santa-dance.gif

#29 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

I did not ask them if it was "Gluten Free" I am new to this and just read that after I came back home downloaded a free ebook for Fast food for celiacs or some something and I read this in the book : 

Red Robin Gluten Free Menu

Appetizers

Garden Fresh Humus Plate with no garlic bread

Salads

• Simply Grilled Chicken Salad with no croutons and garlic bread
  • Crispy Chicken Tender Salad with no crispy chicken (grilled chicken must be substituted) and no garlic bread
  • House Salad with no croutons
  • Avo-Cobb-O with no bleu cheese crumbles and no croutons
  • Side Caesar Salad with no croutons or garlic bread

Well I got iAvo cobbo salad with out the bread and I did get some dressing!! But above it does say it is gluten-free if w/o blue cheese and bread... SO I got it with Blu cheese w/o knowing blu cheese had Gluten!! See it is all a learning thing. I have also read that blu cheese has conflicting stories weather it is gluten-free or not! All since I had gotten back from Red Robin. it is all a learning thing!! All I know is after I ate I almost didn't make it to the restroom!! 

It won't be long and I wil have this all memorized by heart! Wht restaurant I can eat at what one I cannot and what I can eat at what restaurant!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#30 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

I did not ask them if it was "Gluten Free" I am new to this and just read that after I came back home downloaded a free ebook for Fast food for celiacs or some something and I read this in the book : 

Red Robin Gluten Free Menu

Appetizers

Garden Fresh Humus Plate with no garlic bread

Salads

• Simply Grilled Chicken Salad with no croutons and garlic bread
  • Crispy Chicken Tender Salad with no crispy chicken (grilled chicken must be substituted) and no garlic bread
  • House Salad with no croutons
  • Avo-Cobb-O with no bleu cheese crumbles and no croutons
  • Side Caesar Salad with no croutons or garlic bread

Well I got iAvo cobbo salad with out the bread and I did get some dressing!! But above it does say it is gluten-free if w/o blue cheese and bread... SO I got it with Blu cheese w/o knowing blu cheese had Gluten!! See it is all a learning thing. I have also read that blu cheese has conflicting stories weather it is gluten-free or not! All since I had gotten back from Red Robin. it is all a learning thing!! All I know is after I ate I almost didn't make it to the restroom!! 

It won't be long and I wil have this all memorized by heart! Wht restaurant I can eat at what one I cannot and what I can eat at what restaurant!! 

If you don't tell a restaurant that you need food from the gluten-free menu, they won't know.  they may have different chicken for the gluten-free salad or handle it differently.

Actually. the notion that blue cheese has gluten is not valid.  I find restaurants go by that old info.  It has been many many years since common blue cheese was made with a culture grown on wheat.  Even then, the mold that is added to the cheese, was added to the cheese.  The mold eats all the wheat up.  That is a very expensive and cumbersome way to make cheap cheese.  I eat blue cheese often without issue.

I thought you were still eating some gluten everyday until your tests were finished?  If that is the case, it is likely the gluten from that food that is bothering you. 

http://www.celiac.co...e-1#entry594603

santa-dance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: