2 replies to this topic

#1 kpw31

kpw31

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

Has anyone had only a positive TGG IGG in their celiac panel?  If the TGG IGG is elevated does this mean there is already damage?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mmcc54

mmcc54

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

Id like to know this also! Our one year old had a positive IGG and neg IGA...we are currently waiting to see the GI and her pediatrician wasn't too helpful with my questions! Did you get a referral to a GI? sorry I wasn't helpful..just letting you know your not alone!

#3 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:54 AM

That's happened to a few of our board members that I know of. That's why they run both versions of the tests - some tests work better for some than others. There are not many people around here who are positive in all of their tests, and the few who are (like me) often did not have a full celiac panel done (mine was just the tTG IgA and EMA IgA which are very similar test).

The tTG, EMA, and DGP tests all indicate intestinal damage. Only the AGA tests show gliadin sensitivity rather than villi damage. The AGA is starting to be used to diagnose NCGS because there is no villi damage in NCGS; the test also works for celiacs but it isn't that sensitive and doesn't catch all cases (AGA IgG especially).  As I understand it, if she had a positive tTG, there is intestinal damage.  :(

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: