This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dreams

txgal748

txgal748 Apprentice

Since being diagnosed I have had a few celiac dreams.

In one dream there are some Church's biscuits and I pick one up and decide it won't hurt anything to have one.  Half way through chewing the first bite I'm like "What am I doing!"  and spit it out. :D

Last night I dreamed got a handful of chex mix and popped it into my mouth.  The I'm like "WTH!"  and spit it out.  :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

w8in4dave Community Regular

Ohhh thats funny!! 

I only dream my husband bought a house in Beverly Hills!! spent all our money!! Only thing I could tell him is "Now we cannot afford to get the pool filled!" "Cannot afford house payments" His reply is "well it's in Beverly hills" This man has lived in Mi. all his life!! He is a Michigan redneck!! Has very rarely ever stepped out of MI!! hahaha

EmiPark210 Contributor

The same thing happened to me when I first got diagnosed. It's super annoying, but a good way to identify how you are coping with it 'below the surface.' Mine were about eating pretzels, pizza, cookies, and ice cream cones.

Adalaide Mentor

Its been long enough now that I don't remember it as clearly any longer, but my only dream was about corn dogs at a fair. I was at the fair with my husband but we were wandering separately and meeting up again later. As I was going to meet him I thought that I should have corn dogs, thinking that corn is safe. I remember eating half or maybe a whole dog then realizing that just because they are corn dogs does not make them gluten free and then waking up in a complete panic. I sat straight up, I was hyperventilating and couldn't go back to sleep that night.

This was quite some time after I was diagnosed too... months later. My husband and I had been talking about buying a corn dog maker that would not require deep frying for me, and so it wasn't like I didn't know that corn dogs aren't safe. Heck, they're one of the things I really miss! I felt so stupid for eating a corn dog in a dream, and it wasn't even anything I had control over. Since then the only thing I've had are daydreams when my husband orders out for pizza.  <_<

Pauliewog Contributor

In the first year of gluten free life I had many dreams like that. I'd wake up in a complete panic! Now I am into year two and I don't have them as often!

txgal748 Apprentice

Thanks for the replies.  I think it is very funny to have these dreams. Every now and then I run across something that I'm like "OMG I can't have that anymore!"  It has been surprising which things have made me the saddest.  One of the big ones was sugar cones ;(.  I thought it would have been chocolate cake.  I know there are gluten-free options, but 1) they are pricey and I am cheap, and 2) good excuse for special treats.

Have a Good Weekend!

Fire Fairy Enthusiast

I'm almost 3 years gluten-free. We have a 6am store meeting today where a buffet of gluten foods will be provided.This is what I just dreamed in the short time I slept knowing I had to get up at 4am.

Sometime after 3:05, after I feel asleep, I dreamed about big thick fresh baking biscuits. We were making tons of them and some other pastry because it was Christmas time, we were also re-heating old VHS tapes and watching them one last time. Found one from my days at middle school and I was being played by Bruce Willis. It was comic gold. Funniest thing I've ever seen. It was briefly interrupted by a Christmas parade my older brother had recorded, then it came back on and I was hoping I would be able to find a way to preserve it. Bruce was totally hilarious, then the phone rang. Dad answered it and told me it was Tony (manager at work) and he sounded mad. So I took the phone and I was mad because he was interrupting Bruce. It was a sales rep that wanted me to give him a tour of my work when I got there. And I though "Oh well I have to be there at 6am anyway why not." Well actually he meant 1pm when I get there for my regular shift. Still fine but after I hung up I realized it wasn't my call but Ebony's (former Front In Supervisor at work). After all once I clocked in I was supposed to head straight to Homeroom (middle school).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived