This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Diarrhea For 2 Weeks - Can't Figure Out Why?

aimless75

aimless75 Rookie

Hi,

I have only been on this site asking about my daughter, but I have been having a lot of problems lately so I was hoping someone would have some advice!

Two months ago I did an elimination diet - no wheat, dairy, corn, soy, sugar, eggs - and then did a reintroduction. My energy was way up during this time ( I have always felt tired and have had on and off stomach problems. )  Eggs and dairy didn't seem to bother me at the time.  When I added a little bit of gluten, I got the "foggy brain" and my fatigue came back so I knew I was gluten sensitive.  So, I took it back out and felt better.  But, then I decided I wanted to be tested for celiac so I added gluten back in for only 3 days before I was tested.  The first night I had a burger with bun my stomach hurt so bad and I looked like I was 6 months pregnant.  The next day it went away and the rest of the time I didn't have any other symptoms.  I tested negative tTg IgG and IgA both .22  (<.90 negative).  I went on vacation for a week and had gluten a few times but no symptoms.  When  I returned I decided to take gluten back out of my diet and I have had terrible problems.  At first I was really bloated, gassy, abdominal pain, and diarrhea at least once a day.  No matter what I ate it didn't seem to matter  It's been almost two weeks now, and the bloating has gotten better and so has the pain, but the diarrhea is worse - 2-3 times per day now.  I usually still have one normal BM but it floats each day.  I have started making a food journal and noticed I ate gluten a few times in the past week (teriyaki sauce and I was hoping to be tested for AGA (Gp said no), so I had a brownie).  I have also lost a few pounds in the past week.  My GP tested my stool for bacterial and parasite infections which were negative.

So, I guess my question is could I have not reacted to gluten for the week I was on vacation and then just started reacting?  And then reacting pretty bad when I am exposed to it accidentally over the past week?  I'm also wondering if maybe I'm sensitive to dairy and corn now.  I've been eating a little bit of cheese and corn chips.  The diarrhea can hit at anytime of the day, and most days I feel better by the evening time for some reason.  My doctor justs says I have IBS and seems pretty done with me.  I am not just going to accept IBS - obviously if my bowel is irritated, something is making it that way, right???  I just don't know what to do and can't just accept I'm going to have diarrhea everyday forever.  I was thinking of either doing a juice fast for a few days to clean things out and then add things in slowly again.  I have history of thyroid disease (both Grave's and Hashimoto), infertility, multiple miscarriages, anxiety issues, allergies, hair loss, and off and on GI issues.

Thanks for any advice!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived