arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Biopsy This Week...one Year Old..pretty Nervous!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mmcc54

mmcc54

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

Anyone else have a child have a biopsy? Im pretty nervous to have my baby sedated! Her IgG was pos and her IgA was normal...so im confused and a bit nervous about weather or not they will find anything! I hope im doing the right thing by going through with this? What are the chance she has celiacs with only the ttg IgG being positive?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 momma bee

momma bee

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

Can't tell you the chances but can say my daughter was 15 months on diagnosis, blood tests were ALL negative but had sufficient IGA. Her endoscopy clearly showed multiple signs of celiac. So I would think with that then even one positive would be best to confirm.

The scope itself is not that bad of an experience. She was drinking formula up until the early morning and was only without a short bit. They let me stay with her until they got her into the or (she was having other surgery) and until she was sedated. If they let you stay until they give her some sedation it is nice but prepare.yourself to walk away from your sedated baby :( for me that was the worst part (but also she was having exploratory surgery and an adenoidectomy so i was more on nerve for that). But then shortly after (it is a pretty quick procedure) she will be done the procedure and back to you, sleepy and wanting to cuddle and likely wanting a bottle. So not too bad over all!

The "worse" part is waiting for results. Not sure about elsewhere but here we waited a full week. Sometimes they see things before office all results.back but not always and our GI told us almost never in ones as little as this. But I guess in the end what is a week after all this time trying to figure out the problem etc...

Hope all goes well and smoothly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: