Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Dermatitis Herpetiformis?

3 posts in this topic

Does this look like DH? I have looked up images online and most seem far more severe than mine.

This is on my right elbow and just started showing up about a week ago. It started small at first and then more. I have the same kind of rash on my left upper arm but much smaller. It is itchy.

I have never had anything like this before - but do tend to get something similar on the sides of my fingers intermittently throughout the year. I also get sores or swelling on my gums.

Thank you for your help.

4_zps048ef221.jpg2_zps87782bf0.jpg3_zpsd2acfd39.jpg

Ads by Google:

It's really hard to say b/c so many rashes can look like what you are presenting with & dh can take so many forms but I will say that dh does look like that in some forms of it. That's all confusing right? And it just leaves you more frustrated. I'm sorry but I have to say it like it is. You said it's itchy. How itchy? When does it itch?

And also, since I am a new expert on lichen planus, I would suggest you do some image searching of that as well, because it is often associated with changes of the mucosa of the mouth as well.