Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Dan Brown's - Inferno

9 posts in this topic

I have.  Wanna chat about it?

I thought it was awesome.

Ads by Google:

I have.  Wanna chat about it?

I thought it was awesome.

Am not a Brown fan. Convince me otherwise!

My Hub loves Dan Brown but I'm not so into it. I have enjoyed a coup,e of his books. Not sure if he has read that one yet.

I don't know. I am an avid reader. I read about a book every five days. I read all the previous Dan Brown books and like them. But Inferno is hard for me to get in to. I don't know why. It just doesn't have that I can't put it down allure that his other books do.  I actually started it a few weeks ago and read about 50 pages and haven't been back to it. That is very unusual for me. I usually devour books.

Does it just take some time to pick up???

I'm a slow reader, but as the Divinci Code, it only took me a  weekend.  But in my mind, I'm trying to reconnect the pieces.  Not to say that I did not like the book.   I LOVED the book.  I would just  like to discuss certain issues within the book.

I can't convince anyone to read the book, but it is a fast paced and not without intriqued book . As well as moral-legal-ethical-environmental issue to ponder, kinda book.

I loved it, but I would like to discuss it with another reader.

I'd like to read that. I'll put a hold on it at the library once their IT service is up and running - the central branch is under water from the flood still so services are pretty limited.

I'd like to read that. I'll put a hold on it at the library once their IT service is up and running - the central branch is under water from the flood still so services are pretty limited.

Are you in Calgary? If so, I hope your family is holding up well and you suffered little damage. It's just awful what Calgarians and those in High River and other Alberta areas have gone through.  Terrible, just terrible. 

Nicole, can I send you a copy, or my copy?  I apologize...Canadian news does not always filter down to us, or perhaps I should pay more attention.

Yes, i'm in Calgary but i'm up on a hill in an unaffected area (just damp basements from rain).  We have friends and family who didn't fair as well, but the clean-up is well under way.

I feel bad for those in High River too. For some dumb reason, the town and military wouldn't let people back in to pump out thier houses because there was no gas or electricity yet (who cares-it's summer) so those houses have been under water for a week... they won't be salvageable. 

And the worst part is that insurance doesn't cover flooding up here. I'm not sure if that's a Canadian thing or just in Alberta.  :(

Lisa- LOL Oh no, don't send me your book! I'll get a copy of it eventually; it will just be a few more weeks.  It's no rush.  Thanks so much for offereing though - you're very sweet!  :)

I just hope their interlibrary loan system is up and running by the fall; we homeschool, and are at the library for resources a couple of times a week for books and videos.