3 replies to this topic

#1 suzie c

suzie c

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:33 PM

I`ve got gluten intolerance without celiac. Im getting small patches of red dots caused by bleeding into the skin sometimes coming back in the same place and other places. Does anyone else have this with or without celiac?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nettiebeads

nettiebeads

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:46 PM

I`ve got gluten intolerance without celiac. Im getting small patches of red dots caused by bleeding into the skin sometimes coming back in the same place and other places. Does anyone else have this with or without celiac?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like they could be hemangiomas. Hereditary and harmless if they are. I don't know about being celiac disease related. I've had them all my life, but a while back I really broke out with them.
gluten-free since Oct 1996

#3 AmandaD

AmandaD

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:47 PM

While this message isn't meant to replace a good doctor's advice by any means - I think what you're talking about is sometimes called petechiae. I saw this happen on my skin once when I was pregnant. They did a complete blood count and my low platelets were potentially causing the problem.

I've never heard it being related to Celiac disease - and from what I understand gluten intolerance is not the same as Celiac because damage is not being done to the small intestine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amanda
Positive TTG 9/05
Positive endoscopy 9/05
Doing well with "Sprue"

#4 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:31 PM

I used to get this a lot before going gluten-free, now I only get it occasionally. I'm not sure what causes it, but I would get it mostly on my face and my upper arms, it looked especially weird on my eyelids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: