3 replies to this topic

#1 Tyria

Tyria

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

Has anyone been to Six Flags Magic Mountain in Los Angeles recently?  Their website has a list of all of the eateries in the park and one, the "Cyber Cafe," says they have "gluten free items like cheese lasagna, pasta with meatballs, fudge brownies, and muffins."  Has anyone eaten there?  Do they really have those things?  What about cross-contamination?  I plan to call or email them for more information, but I also want to know anyone's personal experiences.  I'm so used to Disneyland being a safe haven for gluten-free food that I fear they've spoiled me for other theme parks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Has anyone been to Six Flags Magic Mountain in Los Angeles recently?  Their website has a list of all of the eateries in the park and one, the "Cyber Cafe," says they have "gluten free items like cheese lasagna, pasta with meatballs, fudge brownies, and muffins."  Has anyone eaten there?  Do they really have those things?  What about cross-contamination?  I plan to call or email them for more information, but I also want to know anyone's personal experiences.  I'm so used to Disneyland being a safe haven for gluten-free food that I fear they've spoiled me for other theme parks.

I haven't been there in years, but I'm sure their gluten free items are pre-packaged/frozen.  In that case, you might be better off bringing your own muffins or brownies as 1) they'll taste better and 2) you'll save cash!  Let's face it, Magic Mountain isn't on the same level as Disneyland.  I'd be concerned about  cross-contamination.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

I was curious, so I looked at their website.  I wouldn't wait until I got there.  I would email first.  If you have a doctor's note that might help.  Just bring in the basics that you couldn't get safely at the park.  Meaning- buy the drink or the Skittles at the park.

https://www.sixflags...n/info/faq.aspx

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 Tyria

Tyria

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the replies.  Spending the cash on the food isn't too much of an issue if it's going to make eating there a bit more convenient.  Giving them a call is something I'm planning on doing anyway.  I was really looking for any recent personal experiences at the park regarding their supposedly gluten free food.  I had hoped to not have to rely on snacks the entire day or have to leave the park mid-day for an actual meal (I don't do well without at least one full meal a day).  Eating out is always a calculated risk.  I don't have a reaction to minor cross-contamination, but blatant, not-even-trying is what I want to avoid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: