Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Good Gluten Free Meals Prepared Using A Microwave?

• Please log in to reply

18 replies to this topic

#16 Sammykins

Sammykins

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

Get yourself a microwave cookbook! You would be surprised at the amount of dishes that you can cook in a microwave such as stews and 'bakes'. It will likely take more time than regular cooking, but you can cook up a batch and freeze individual portions for later. The only consideration is making sure you have an area in your room where you can do a bit more meal prep.

If you or your parents have the extra money, you could even get yourself a convection microwave, which is a microwave that can also be used as a regular oven. An electric kettle and toaster would be useful too.

The idea of a crockpot is an excellent one, but the smell of foods cooking for 4-8 hours might be a giveaway (I'm guessing you're technically not allowed to cook in your room?).

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 ktylizbth

ktylizbth

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

Here is recipe for making potato chips from your microwave http://www.thekitchn...icrowave-166718

#18 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

gluten-free soups, Amy's burritos and fresh foods, breads and crackers. That is what comes to mind. See if the dorm cafeteria can work with you for preparing things for you, simple things. Maybe frozen meals, soups and fresh things. Good luck. 

#19 Nikki2777

Nikki2777

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

Artisan Bistro, E-Vol and even Glutino make some good gluten-free frozen meals.  I haven't looked at the nutritional info, but I can't imagine any of these are particularly loaded with bad stuff.  Also, I'd try and get a rice cooker in there if you can.  Someone (on here?) was talking about ways to make meals in a rice cooker by adding eggs and such as it cooks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: