Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Switch From Culturelle To Align Based On Bifidobacteria. Thoughts?

28 posts in this topic

Actually, I recall reading this right after DX: "a celiac's immune system is very strong". I think people erroneously believe we are sickly because we have celiac, but the opposite is true. Once our guts are healed, we resist infection better than most. Our immune system runs on "overtime" defending us.

Ads by Google:

thought I'd come back and update since I posted something about it in another thread...

I've been on the Custom Probiotics less than a month.  I've been taking one in the morning on an empty stomach, and there were a few days I took it right before bed as well.  I stopped taking Citrucel and my body kept itself eliminating on a regular basis  ;)  I think it's important to also note that I was eating a completely whole foods diet, so between that and the probiotics, I dumped the Citrucel, and everything is still working!!

**cue Hallelujah Chorus**

Hi there, Positive Horn Player!

So glad you added an update.  I've been battling the big C lately.  I've been abroad for almost 6 weeks now and I haven't been able to prepare one meal for myself.  I buy things at the grocery store, but can't cook anything.  Can't wait to come home to my own kitchen and I will probably order those recommended probiotics from IH so they're there when I get home, since mine don't seem to be doing the trick as of late.  Need to get that book too!