Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Probiotics And Healing Related Sickness

4 posts in this topic

I'm considering buying probiotics and I was wondering how many of you were gluten free for quite a while but found you just kept getting sick? I'm wondering if people have found they had other intolerance that got better after taking probiotics? I know they are suppose to help the gut heal. Curious if intolerances aside from gluten were then a non issue. I've been gluten free for a year but still get hives from time to time and wondering if healing the gut faster may possibly get rid of it.

I know it couldn't hurt and I'm still buying some but curious. Show of hands?

Ads by Google:

I started my son's on a round of probiotics with their peds approval.  One reacts severely to the slightest cross contamination of wheat or soy.  I am hoping that the probiotics will be enough to help his system repair so that he will not react so severely to the slightest cross contamination. 

I am new to Celiac disease but I would caution you against thinking it could cure your symptoms.

I'm not looking to cure celiac I know that's for life. There are other issues that have popped up since.

I take probiotics purchased at Costco.  It's a dairy free version.  My M.D. always recommended them after a course of antibiotics (completed).  I even gave them to my dog!