Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Has Anyone Healed Some Of Their Intolerances?

28 posts in this topic

I (try to, slacked off this year) take Vitamin D supplements all winter at least, which definitely helps keep the sniffles away. B12 and other B vitamins are supposed to be good for combating depression and generally good for energy and mental health. My b12 tends to be a bit low, as does my iron levels, borderline anyway, so I do (try to remember to) take supplements.

Back on the intolerances front, I'm also encouraged by other people's success stories. I've been off dairy for 1 1/2 years, and now can tolerate small amounts of cheese on occasion, and small amounts of butter (ghee is better). Also, if I get into dairy my reaction isn't nearly as bad as gluten or soy, so not the end of the world. If I can get cheese back at least, even just goat/sheep, I'd be a very happy lady.

I also haven't touched whole quinoa since last summer, and need to be brave enough to give it another shot.

I think soy is permanently off the menu, however. My reaction is more immediate and often worse than if I get glutened. It's nasty (and makes me nasty too. no fun)

So there is hope! Yay!

Ads by Google:

I was just watching a youtube video yesterday about how normal serum blood tests are not good enough to test for b12. I see my family doctor on wednesday to get bloodwork done...what should i ask for to make sure about my b12?

I was just watching a youtube video yesterday about how normal serum blood tests are not good enough to test for b12. I see my family doctor on wednesday to get bloodwork done...what should i ask for to make sure about my b12?

http://veganhealth.org/b12/tested

veganhealth.org is a website by an RD, Jack Norris, who gives good reliable information. 

Someone told me they considered B12 to be an upper.  I never noticed that, but maybe if I took a lot, I would.