3 replies to this topic

#1 Hitchcock

Hitchcock

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

My niece has celiac disease and my aunt does, my question is I've been throwing up at least 5 times a week and diarrhea most of the time. My mood swings are bad sometimes. I want to know if others have had the same symptoms as me and is celiac.

Jan

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Welcome Jan!

How long have you had these symptoms?  There are numerous symptoms associated with Celiac Disease...here is a list:

http://www.curecelia...SymptomList.pdf

Celiac Disease is genetic -- your Aunt is enough reason to be tested every 3-5 years -- more often if symptoms arise.

Make sure you get a complete Celiac antibody panel:

Total Serum IgA

tTG - Both IgA and IgG

EMA - IgA

DGP - Both IgA and IgG

If you suspect Celiac Disease or Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity DO NOT remove gluten until the testing is complete -- the tests measure antibodies created in response to gluten ingestion.

Good Luck to you :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3 Hitchcock

Hitchcock

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Thank you Lisa

#4 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

It is quite possible with your family history that you have Celiac, or on your way.

You have two options before you.  One, is to remain on a full gluten diet and be tested for the blood test that Lisa offered.  Or, to go gluten free.  With improvement on a fully compliant diet, you could consider yourself Non Celiac Gluten Sensitive or with Celiac Disease.  There is no current testing for NCGS.

Personally, I would suggest that you be tested by a doctor who is fairly well versed in testing and interpretations.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: