1 reply to this topic

#1 tam121

tam121

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'm conducting field research in northern Argentina, and will be here another 6 months. I find people here to be understanding and very familar with the word 'celiac', but contamination is a huge concern for me, as are my associated intolerances of dairy, soy, and peanuts. While U.S. posters in this site seem to often have associated intolerances, Argentine celiacs seem to be--or think they are--tolerant of all non-gluten foods. Consecuently, most gluten free products here are not an option for me. Anyone have experiences in Argentina, or similar areas? Any advice on avoiding contamination while travelling and often having to use other peoples' kitchens?  Thank you!!! 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ceceliac

ceceliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hi tam, I live in argentina. i know its maybe too late but im going to answer just in case somebody else needs this information later.

Sadly there arent many options for food allergies here, im gluten and lactose intolerant and have trouble finding lactose and gluten free sausages, cookies and backed goods, i havent found any solution than buying the mixes and making my own cookies, bread, etc.(i miss sausages a lot!!!) maybe you can conact the celiac association (asociacion celiaca argentina) http://www.celiaco.org.ar/ and ask them for some dairy soy and peanut free brands or at least dairy free ones (almost everything has dairy in it!)

i know Santa Maria products (or almost most of them) are dairy free.

oh, and you can trust the gluten-free labelling, there are no mistakes on that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: