Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac/ncgs In Argentina?

2 posts in this topic

I'm conducting field research in northern Argentina, and will be here another 6 months. I find people here to be understanding and very familar with the word 'celiac', but contamination is a huge concern for me, as are my associated intolerances of dairy, soy, and peanuts. While U.S. posters in this site seem to often have associated intolerances, Argentine celiacs seem to be--or think they are--tolerant of all non-gluten foods. Consecuently, most gluten free products here are not an option for me. Anyone have experiences in Argentina, or similar areas? Any advice on avoiding contamination while travelling and often having to use other peoples' kitchens?  Thank you!!! 

Ads by Google:

Hi tam, I live in argentina. i know its maybe too late but im going to answer just in case somebody else needs this information later.

Sadly there arent many options for food allergies here, im gluten and lactose intolerant and have trouble finding lactose and gluten free sausages, cookies and backed goods, i havent found any solution than buying the mixes and making my own cookies, bread, etc.(i miss sausages a lot!!!) maybe you can conact the celiac association (asociacion celiaca argentina) http://www.celiaco.org.ar/ and ask them for some dairy soy and peanut free brands or at least dairy free ones (almost everything has dairy in it!)

i know Santa Maria products (or almost most of them) are dairy free.

oh, and you can trust the gluten-free labelling, there are no mistakes on that.