arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

The Body Ecology Diet - Anyone Tried It?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa79

Lisa79

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Hi

Just curious if anyone has had any success with Body Ecology Diet.

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa :)

Me (30): Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by biopsy March 2009 - Multiple food intolerances, nightshades, egg, some fruits and many more.
DH (29): Type 1 Diabetic Diagnosed 2005
DD(5): Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by biopsy July 2009
DS (4) Positive Blood Test Aug 2010, awaiting biopsy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

I had not heard of it.  I tried looking it up but can't find anything but the book.  I am through buying diet books.  I find most of them usless to me because they tell me to eat things that I can't and  won't eat.  Do you have any sample meals from this diet?  Or any specifics on it?

#3 Lisa79

Lisa79

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

Donna Gates is the Author, it is called the body ecology diet.  There is a website http://bodyecology.com/ its very restricted diet.  Focus is on fermented veg, its a probiotic diet.   There are a few samples on the website and recipes on the website.   I have read the book, was very interesting and I want to give it 100% but as I said its very restricted.  I was hoping someone could share their experiences on the diet.

There is also some info on the website for those with celiac. http://bodyecology.c...sensitivity.php

Me (30): Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by biopsy March 2009 - Multiple food intolerances, nightshades, egg, some fruits and many more.

#4 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,048 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:23 AM

Donna Gates is the Author, it is called the body ecology diet.  There is a website http://bodyecology.com/ its very restricted diet.  Focus is on fermented veg, its a probiotic diet.   There are a few samples on the website and recipes on the website.   I have read the book, was very interesting and I want to give it 100% but as I said its very restricted.  I was hoping someone could share their experiences on the diet.

There is also some info on the website for those with celiac. http://bodyecology.c...sensitivity.php

I know some people have had success with their own fermented foods.  I would be careful of the products this site wants to sell you.  One is made with wheat that they claim is "digested".  Not sure how they know there is no gluten in it or if I would trust that they have any clue about gluten content.

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

One is made with wheat that they claim is "digested".  

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.................................... !!!

ew!   :o

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

Sounds very similar to GAPS -- which I failed miserably -- my digestive system can't tolerate fermented foods...included homemade.

This sort of diet has helped many with digestive issues -- great if your system can tolerate.

PS...I did start making Bone Broth during GAPS -- which we have kept in the house regularly since for all broth purposes.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#7 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

Ah.  That wouldn't work for me at all then.  Thanks!

#8 Lisa79

Lisa79

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

I haven't been doing the fermented veggies yet and I am not buying their products, although I have started introducing some of the principles. I have cut right down on all grains and sugar, not mixing starchy veg and protein in the same meal and I have lost over 5kg in just a few weeks.  I am taking strong probiotics/prebiotics from a naturopath.   My stomach is feeling quite good at this present moment, first time in years.  Don't want to speak too soon but so far I am seeing improvements. 

I did try GAPs but it wasn't for me, I found the bone broths too fatty as I don't have a gallbladder and I don't do well eating red meats.  I personally have found blood type dieting to really helpful.  Been an A+ blood type I read A blood types do well on B.E.D whereas a O blood type would do better on GAPs.  I know a lot of people disagree with blood types and diets but in my case I have found a lot of it to be true.  

Oh yeah I did read that about one of their products with wheat and really disagree with them saying it would be ok... no chance I would even consider a product like that. 

Thanks for the replies, I will try my own homemade cultured veggies, fingers cross they are ok for me :)

#9 Larapiz

Larapiz

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

I've been lacto-fermenting fruits and veggies.  I've had best luck with the Pickl-It jars with an airlock.

Without an airlock you get mold problems.  I've had allergic reactions to mold growing on the ferments, because the spores get into the air. 

I use a salty brine, that discourages bad bacteria and fungi. 

I didn't use a starter, only put some veggies in a brine to ferment.  With each new ferment I use some of the liquid from the previous one as a starter. 

I wouldn't start it by putting fruit or anything sweet like fruit in a brine - rather, veggies with a lot of fiber to encourage good bacteria. 

#10 Lisa79

Lisa79

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Thanks, will check out those jars, I got my first jar going now, hoping it doesn't go moldy, think that would put me right off :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: