4 replies to this topic

#1 tigerlily6200

tigerlily6200

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

Has anyone had loss of full bend in index fingers?  They both bend but only to 90 degrees.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 janpell

janpell

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

At times, yes. I make sure I restrict my diet intensely. It usually clears by day 5. For me, it elimination of all gluten, legumes, dairy, soy, caffeine, nightshades, citrus (except lemon and lime). Then I slowly reintroduce, except gluten, peanuts, oranges and soy, and eat the rest sparingly. These are my foods that seem to trigger it. It took a lot of playing around to figure this out. Plus, getting off track, it is hard to get back on, unfortunately. But it works, and I know this now, so I do it.

#3 tigerlily6200

tigerlily6200

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

I was recently diagnosed in march and also have thyroid disease.  I am getting better but these fingers are still there.  I still follow a very strict diet (6 weeks) in grass fed beef, veggies except nightshades, fruit.  It's almost relieving to hear of someone that has a similar ailment.   

#4 janpell

janpell

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

In the beginning, I had it in all of my fingers. It took me about one year to be able to fully close my hand and make a fist. Now it only happens with my index fingers when I get off track. Keep a food journal too so you can track everything. Isn't it a weird relief to come across others who are experiencing the same symptoms.

#5 tigerlily6200

tigerlily6200

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

It is such a relief, lol, I could hug you.  I will keep a food journal.  Right now I think I have to stick to just the basics, anytime I try and add anything I get stiffer.  Thanks so much for the responses.

In the beginning, I had it in all of my fingers. It took me about one year to be able to fully close my hand and make a fist. Now it only happens with my index fingers when I get off track. Keep a food journal too so you can track everything. Isn't it a weird relief to come across others who are experiencing the same symptoms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: