6 replies to this topic

#1 solarpower

solarpower

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

I have been on a gluten free diet for just over a year now. However I have been experiencing joint pain in my neck, back and hips and feet. Over time it has been getting progressively worse. Last week my right knee swelled up and it was to painful to walk and caused me to miss work. This prompted me to go see a doctor even though I have very little faith in them. Fortunately this doctor really seemed genuine and wanted to help. He had me go in for several blood tests. Today I heard back about my rheumatoid test and that was negative (thank god). I was told that my imflammation was very high though. He gave me a prescibtion for Meloxicam which is a generic form of Mobic. I really hate using drugs. Is this drug safe? I really prefer natural sources of medicine. I haven't had any of my typical celiac symptoms and am unsure as to the cause of the arthritis type pain. I was hoping someone could offer some possible solutions or information.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

Have you been tested for lyme or other tick-borne diseases?

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#3 HumanDecency

HumanDecency

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

How are all your other levels? Any abundant buildups or deficiencies?  I seem to get a lot of inflammation as well. I can't offer much help though as I haven't completely narrowed it down. I know when I move around a lot I get stiff joints and pain but that goes away in a day or two.

#4 solarpower

solarpower

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

I haven't been tested for lyme disease or anything related, doctors in my area are very ignorant of such things. I have had blood tests earlier this year to test for mineral/vitamin levels and deficiencies. I did have really low vitamin D and have been supplimenting for that but I was never alerted to anything else. I'm at a loss at the moment on what to try in regards to my joint pain. I want to feel my age again (31).

#5 jhol

jhol

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

do you eat dairy,

a lot of celiacs find they have to give it up or become lactose intolerant. another thing is nightshade vegatables- potato,s, tomato,s, all peppers, aubergine- these can cause joint pain

hope you get an answer. :)

#6 solarpower

solarpower

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Dairy is pretty rare in my daily diet. I do consume nightshades on a regular basis. I recall seeing some information on nightshades causing inflammation in some people. I suppose its worth a try to eliminate them for a while to test that theory. I'm kind of skeptical of food sensativity in regards to natural foods, but in the world of GMO, pesticides and whatever else is done to our food I wouldn't be surprised.

#7 seezee

seezee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Last year I had awful joint pain and it turned out to be parvo virus and it got better. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: