This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

notme

kenlove Rising Star

we always  use the juiceman or jack lalane type  juicer to get ride of the seeds. Its  $100. + machine but works on everything. juicing pineapple in -- skin and all is a real treat.

this thing is a-mazing - we just quarter the tomatoes and throw them in a hopper - it goes through a screen, juice and pulp comes out, skin and seeds come out another 'chute'  :)  it's called "roma food strainer and sauce maker"  i think it runs about $50 but worth every penny.  hubs hates the seeds and we can do tomatoes in like, 30 minutes, skinless and seedless  :)  i freeze the sauce in qt ziploks but you could easily pressure can it.

• 2 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
w8in4dave Community Regular

Well I made my Tomato Jam today!! OMG did I say amazing? Ohhhhh I could eat it right out of the pan!! So before you make this get yourself some of your favorite gluten-free crackers!! 

Ingredients

* 5 pounds firm, ripe tomatoes, finely chopped ( I used 4 cups already chopped) 
* 3 1/2 cups sugar
* 8 tablespoons lime juice
* 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1 tablespoon red chili flakes

Directions

1. Combine all the ingredients in a large, non-reactive pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce the temperature to a simmer. Stirring regularly, simmer the jam until it reduces to a sticky, jammy mess. This will take between 1 and 1 1/2 hours, depending on how high you keep your heat.

2. When the jam has cooked down sufficiently, remove it from the heat and fill the jars, leaving 1/4 inch of head space. Wipe the rims with a clean, damp paper towel, apply the lids and twist on the rings. Process in a boiling water canner for 20 minutes.

3. When time is up, remove jars from water bath and allow them to cool. When the jars are cool enough to handle, test the seals. Store the jars in a cool, dark place for up to one year.

2013-10-06204536_zps2a1a0c8d.webp

Archived