Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Hi Everyone, I'm Back!

32 posts in this topic

Court appearance this week where his lawyers are given all evidence against him.  Feeling rather queasy about it all.

Ads by Google:

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

How did it go this week?

Feeling sick and gross and all those feelings, his lawyers have to decide based on the evidence they have whether to take it to trial or plead guilty, the judge gave them 6 months to make that decision.  So now we have to just wait.  Trying to forget about it, but the thought of his lawyers having those photos and all the details of what happened makes me sick.

Wow! They have 6 whole months to decide????? The law sure does work differently in different countries!

Meanwhile, does he sit in jail or does he get to be free?

I understand your feeling sick but think of it this way --- those lawyers have seen & heard it all before --- probably a thousand times.

He's been in gaol since he was first caught, before it went to court the first time.  He's seen as highly dangerous and his violence was escalating.  He had every intention of killing me, and possibly could have if I wasn't martial arts trained and a lot fitter than he first thought. 

Those lawyers have 6 months to try and work out how to get their client out of gaol in the quickest time possible.  They will pull apart every section of my life if they have to.  They will use his age, his mental state and anything they can find on me, although the evidence is solid.

((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))

I know it isn't easy but you are strong --- you've already proven that. Keep the faith sister. We're here to hold your hand when you need it.

He's admitted guilt, but due to his age they still have to decide if he truly knew what he was doing or not :(