Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Salicylates, Amines And Gluten Intolerance?

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 kbridges

kbridges

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any links between Salicylates and Amine sensitivity and Gluten intolerance?

As a baby I was diagnosed with an intolerance to high levels of Salicylates and Amines. I also have a marked reaction to Monosodium Glutamate (I get very itchy and I have had extreme face swelling numerous times).

As a baby I was also intolerant to dairy (I still feel that I am, but not as severe).

I'm fairly sure I am gluten intolerant. I have been tested for celiac in April 2012 through a biopsy and it was negative. However I also had a biopsy as a child and my villi were 'scoured'. I also have all the symptoms of gluten intolerance and do better gluten free.

Would be very interested to hear about any research or links between these intolerances (even if its not all of them).

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 seraphim

seraphim

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

From what I know the theory is it has a lot to do with leaky gut putting strain on the liver. Various things can cause salicylate problems (not sure about amines)...low thyroid or adrenals are a couple.. I'm in the process of figuring out my own possible sensitivity. My doctor is looking into the MTHFR gene defect because apparently it can affect the bodies ability to detox. In relation to gluten more specifically I think sals and amines can be the product of leaky gut though. Some have found relief after being gluten free for some time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: