No replies to this topic

#1 Dugudugu

Dugudugu

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

For 15+ years I had all the classic symptoms of gluten intolerance, till last year I got tested. The test was (incomplete and) negative but I went gluten free anyway and after 6 months I felt so much better. 

Two months ago I got a :unsure: itchy spot between my buttocks, and I ended up at the family doctor and got some cream for candida infection. Although I felt very uncomfortable, the doctor told me not to be ashamed as I live in a tropic climate, and candida infections in armpits, underneath breasts, and in my case, between buttocks, are quite normal.

The issue will also that since two months, I am very tired, or better to say, exhausted, especially in the morning. Brain fog, lots of gas, swollen belly. There have been no gluten accidents (if so I'd have made a new world record running to the bathroom  ;)), so that's all under control. As I have read that there is a relation between NCGI/Celiac and candida, I am worried. Do I have candida in my whole intestines and somehow it is 'going out'? How do I know for sure I have candida, are there any tests? Do I have to go through that -in my eyes- impossible diet? Pills for treatment as I got a creme for the skin? Or do I just have a candida spot that needs treatment?

I have used the cream, it got away, but yesterday I noticed it was coming back. 

On a side note I must say that the last three months were very (!) stressful, emotionally and physically, late to bed, early out, lots of worries, so maybe I am 'just tired'?

If anyone could give me some thoughts about this, I'd appreciate! Thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: