4 replies to this topic

#1 ~**caselynn**~

~**caselynn**~

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

I got "glutened" in the last few days, usual symptoms but something new.....I can't sleep, and when I do it's disrupted by nightmares, sleep walking and a creepy crawly feeling. I've woken up sleep walking in the last couple days, wake up disturbed with nightmares, and then can't get back to sleep--I'll be wide awake for hours, like I've had mass amounts of caffeine at midnight! Going on day 4 with this, any ideas??? I'm exhausted all day, my body won't relax, this is all VERY new to me!! Help!
~**caselynn**~

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'm sorry. Anything to break the cycle...exercise, a massage, a drink...???

I hate it when a gluten symptom like that happens...something so weird and unpredictable and disruptive. Ugh.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#3 clafran

clafran

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

Sorry to hear you had such a rough go!  The nightmares are new for me (although most symptoms are -- only 6 months since going gluten-free), but that has become the first sign of a glutening for me.  So you're not alone on that issue.  No sleepwalking for me, at least that has been reported...  Hope you flush it out quickly!

Cathy

#4 cap6

cap6

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

3+ years and every so often I have a dream where I am being offered something gluteny or glutened.  Not as often as in the beginning tho!

#5 Aellaraven

Aellaraven

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Wow...thank you so much for starting this thread!!! I had never thought about gluten being connected to my sleep issues. I was 99% sure I had nightmare disorder (i.e. sleep anxiety disorder) because I've suffered horrendous dreams my whole life, especially when I was younger and undiagnosed. Since being diagnosed Celiac (9 years ago), I never thought to analyze my sleep with potential for trace/accidental gluten intake (I am strictly gluten-free, highly symptomatic). I am going to see if I can link my nightmares to eating out...the highest chance of eating trace gluten for me. Obviously, stress still causes me to have horrible sleep, but maybe gluten is a factor too...or maybe gluten even contributes to my anxiety and stress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: