2 replies to this topic

#1 dk3790

dk3790

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Hi Guys, I'm about to go on vacation to Hawaii at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Anyone have tips / advice on where to go for food (restaurants)? Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kenlove

kenlove

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

most of the high end places  will prepare  incredibly good gluten-free meals especially given advance  warning. The hotel chefs will do so too.

I usually go to 12th Ave Grill. Kevin Haney is the chef.   Town is very good        with Ed Kenny. 

Cactus in Kailua town with chef John  and  Chef Mavros which is excellent but  expensive.

Alan Wong  and Roy's are  very good but need a decent notice.  There are a number of ethnic places that  dont really understand  but if I have to go there, i get  great  fresh steamed  veggies.  If I was  headed  out for one fancy meal i would  head to  12th Ave and talk to Kevin the morning of when you plan to go. You can  tell him I said to fix you up! 

have fun!

Hi Guys, I'm about to go on vacation to Hawaii at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Anyone have tips / advice on where to go for food (restaurants)? Thanks.

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 cap6

cap6

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Enjoy the fresh fruit available at the farmer markets!!   Nothing quite like some juicy fruit to start off your day. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: