1 reply to this topic

#1 JoanTaylor

JoanTaylor

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Does anyone have gluten-sensitive enteropathy? I have just found out today that I have been poisoning my body with this generic drug for Singulair ever since I was diagnosed with celiac in Oct. (8 mos. ago). I trusted my pharmacist because I could not find anywhere on line that listed whether or not it was gluten free. : ( 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Does anyone have gluten-sensitive enteropathy? I have just found out today that I have been poisoning my body with this generic drug for Singulair ever since I was diagnosed with celiac in Oct. (8 mos. ago). I trusted my pharmacist because I could not find anywhere on line that listed whether or not it was gluten free. : ( 

Singulair is listed as gluten free on www.glutenfreedrugs.com.  What is the name of your generic version?

If the generic version is not safe, inform your phamacist that you have intolerant issues to the generic. If the ingredients are not safe for you, he/she can contact your doctor and re- prescribe a version that will be safe.

My CVS phamacists are great to check on any meds I may take. They are on the phone often on my behalf, checking my prescriptions. Actually, they have flagged my account and when I pick up something they tell me that it is gluten free (although I already knew that).  And as always, I am beyond gratefull and appreciative.  As busy as they are, they are good!

Oh....any excuse my manners.  WELCOME!

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: