arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

gluten-free Restaurant Near Newark Airport?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AGH2010

AGH2010

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hi all,

We will be flying in from California with my 3 year old daughter, who has celiac. We will be landing in Newark around 7pm and am planning on making a trip to Whole Foods to stock up for our week in the Poconos. A real meal after spending the day on the plane and at the airport would be great. Wondering if anyone has experience with any restaurants near the Newark airport. I'm very unfamiliar with the area.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Here are 2 websites that may be of help to you in finding food.  I use them a lot when I travel.

http://www.glutenfreeregistry.com

http://www.findmeglutenfree.com/

Have fun!

#3 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,618 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Hi all,
We will be flying in from California with my 3 year old daughter, who has celiac. We will be landing in Newark around 7pm and am planning on making a trip to Whole Foods to stock up for our week in the Poconos. A real meal after spending the day on the plane and at the airport would be great. Wondering if anyone has experience with any restaurants near the Newark airport. I'm very unfamiliar with the area.
Thanks!

Don't know about the food situation....but a heads up. The WF in some places close at 8 pm.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

#4 LauraB0927

LauraB0927

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Not sure when your trip is or if its already happened yet, but I live about 10 mins away from Newark Airport.  Dont bother with Whole Foods - its way over priced around here.  My best suggestion is this:  There is a Shop RIte in Clark, NJ on Central Ave that has the biggest selection of GOOD gluten free foods that I have ever seen - an entire frozen foods section as well.  I feel very lucky to have it right near my house.  My recommendation would be to stock up there.  Right down the street there is an Italian restaurant called Tarantella's - they do great gluten free food (pasta, pizza, etc) and its reasonably priced.  I've never gotten sick there.  These two places are probably 20 mins away from the airport and are right next to the Garden State Parkway, so it will be easy to hit the road and travel back up to the Poconos whenever you're done.  I hope this gets to you in time!! 

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead ahead - soon we must all face the choice, to do what is right, or what is easy..." - Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter)

Diagnosed Celiac in May 2012 by TTG level and endoscopy
Acid reflux/GERD (stopped since eating gluten-free)
Syncope
Raynaud's Syndrome
Iron Deficient

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: