13 replies to this topic

#1 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

One month yesterday!! (I just looked it up!) And I feel so much better!! Not 100% but so much better!! I still wake up with leg cramps, but I am NOT running to the restroom all the time and I have more energy, altho I do feel really tired during the middle of the day, like I want to take a nap. In fact I did the other day!! I have NEVER been a napper before.I feel better after the nap. Other than that and a lil constipation I am doing great!! I want to get on some Probiotics , still am going to see the Gastro guy on the 6th. Not sure why at this point but will talk to him. Thank you all for the great support!! I love this place!! :) I am amazed at myself!! I also will go back to the Dr, Because I still have a rash on my back, losing hair and my toe nails and also the white tongue thing. But feeling better is wonderful!! :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Party?

Hell Yes!

One Month with all that improvement....NICE :)

I am so pleased you are improving quickly....you are awesome...hang tough!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Yay!

#4 dani nero

dani nero

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

Congratulations. Keep up with the high spirit, and don't get discouraged if some days feel harder again. Healing is through a curve just like learning.

Self diagnosed January 2012, and on elimination, low-salicylate & low-iodine diet.
Also G6PD

#5 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Thanks !! Yes I am amazed I feel so much better!!! It is such a load off me knowing what my problem is. Now I can go out and eat and not have horrible pains and stuff , I am amazed!! Now I will get to my other issues when I see the Dr. Next week. At least I feel better! I may not be 100% healthy but I feel soooooo much better!! Even my friends can tell the difference! I cannot w8 to talk to my Dr. I have not seen him since I was Dx'd ... His office called and told me, so I have not talked to him about it as of yet .... 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

This is fantastic news:)

Great to hear you are getting improvement so quickly.

Your positive attitude on the board in the last few weeks has been lovely, I am sure you will continue to improve

Mw x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#7 BZBee

BZBee

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Woo Hoo!

#8 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Thanks everyone! I am so very happy to be here!! I have learned so very much!! Thanks!!

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#9 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Congrats!  It is great to be feeling better!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#10 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

skidding in late.............been a zombie for a bit there.............congratulations on your one month!  Also add you have been a wonderful fun additional to the board and I am glad you are here and beyond happy to know you are improving quickly!

Hip Hip Hooray for You :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#11 MissyBB

MissyBB

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

I am so glad you are feeling better. Isn't it wonderful to feel GREAT?!  :D

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

~Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)

#12 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

great news!  congratulations!  :D

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#13 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Well Thanks e1 :) But sadly now I think I am having a set back! I have had some big "D" problems the last few days!! Like horrible! I am trying to figure out what the problem is!! I am thinking it may be Dairy ??? I just don't know... I have an appt with the GI Dr. The 6th. Hoping to get to a nutritionist , or dietitian or someone to help me.... I have lost 25 lbs in the last month ... But I am still feeling better, I am hoping I get more answers from Dr's ... But until then I will be very careful of what I eat. To tell you the truth, I am afraid to eat anything when I am out. I go to restaurants with my friends and don't order anything. Came home from a Vaca 9 1/2 hr drive and didn't eat anything . This is the same thing I was doing before I was DX'd ... when I am out I won't eat anything. I am supposed to go to  Mackinac Island with a couple of friends for 3 days. I am going to be afraid to eat anything... Not really sure If I should go or not. It is payed for. Maybe talking to the Doc will help. Here I was doing so well!! Just don't know!! I did buy some probiotics today from The Whole Food Store .... :) Trying everything I can :) Thanks for all the support!! :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#14 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

Well It has been 2 months :) Yay for me!! My set back was from a restaurant I ate from  :( , But I went to Mackinac Island and there was a Pizza place that had Gluten Free pizza!! It was my first time with Gluten free Pizza!! I loved it!! They said they were very careful about how they cooked it and utensils they used. I had no problem!! :) We went back the next night I had a burger with no bun and a salad. I was going to see if the cook could microwave me a tater but all their potatoes came in frozen. I wasn't going to risk that contamination so I got a side salad. So 2 months in I am doing pretty good!! 

I am still suffering from exhaustion tho, I feel like I have worked for a week straight! Hard labor and I am exhausted! Altho I don't work! I hope that gets better soon. Seems I have my good days and bad days. Just try and plug along!! Maby it is from my trip?

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: