1 reply to this topic

#1 Fusarelli

Fusarelli

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:31 AM

We recently ate at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. in Ft. Lauderdale. It was not a good experience. Although they have a gluten free menu and are supposed to notify the manager when someone orders off the gluten free menu, in our case our server did not. We ordered a kids meal off the gluten free menu and instead of coming with jasmine rice, it came with fries, which our server said were gluten free. We asked him to check with the chef to determine whether the fries were gluten free (he came back and said they were, even though they weren't listed on the gluten-free menu). Further questioning our server, we asked whether the fries were cooked in a separate container from the other fried foods. They are not.

Although this was only 1 experience at 1 location, I would be very careful about dining here again (or at that chain, for that matter). I can't risk taking my family back there again.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Darissa

Darissa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

We loved our experiences at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. at Universal Studio area in California. We ate there 3 times in one week. We are on vacation now in a different state, and we were wishing there was a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co here.  Our servers were very careful, and we had no problem with cross contact (we are very sensitive, and get sick very easily).  Hopefully other locations than the one you tried are better. We had a great experience! Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: