2 replies to this topic

#1 nancyV

nancyV

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hi my name is Nancy. I am new here. I have a down syndrome child who is 7 years old. He was diagnosed with celiac disease and ever since I have been preparing his food I guess you can say it from scratch. I have been given him white steamed rice and cook him a home made chicken soup. He loves to eat spaghetti luckily I can find gluten free spagetti noodle that is made of rice. Now for the sauce I am carefully looking at the ingredient on the bottle. I usually use Ragu brand.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lpellegr

lpellegr

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hi Nancy!  Welcome to the forum.  Do you have a question for us, or would you just like to share?  Cooking from scratch is a good idea because you will be able to avoid a lot of gluten that way.  If you read through this forum you should be able to find lots of ideas for meals for your son, and lots of advice on how to keep him gluten-free.  Good luck!

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

#3 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hi Nancy and welcome as well. There are some pretty good pasta's out there now.  I like Sam Mill's or Hartland Pasta (Walmart).  I don't usually buy Ragu, but I do know that all Classico Pasta Sauces are gluten free.

Often times you can find your answer on line.  Google  *Ragu Pasta Sauce - Gluten free*

:)

And, Ragu is owned by Unilever, whose policy is to list all possible gluten containing ingredients.  If you don't see wheat, barley, rye, malt...you're good to go.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: