Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Dish Idea

3 posts in this topic

Hi my name is Nancy. I am new here. I have a down syndrome child who is 7 years old. He was diagnosed with celiac disease and ever since I have been preparing his food I guess you can say it from scratch. I have been given him white steamed rice and cook him a home made chicken soup. He loves to eat spaghetti luckily I can find gluten free spagetti noodle that is made of rice. Now for the sauce I am carefully looking at the ingredient on the bottle. I usually use Ragu brand.

Ads by Google:

Hi Nancy!  Welcome to the forum.  Do you have a question for us, or would you just like to share?  Cooking from scratch is a good idea because you will be able to avoid a lot of gluten that way.  If you read through this forum you should be able to find lots of ideas for meals for your son, and lots of advice on how to keep him gluten-free.  Good luck!

Hi Nancy and welcome as well. There are some pretty good pasta's out there now.  I like Sam Mill's or Hartland Pasta (Walmart).  I don't usually buy Ragu, but I do know that all Classico Pasta Sauces are gluten free.

Often times you can find your answer on line.  Google  *Ragu Pasta Sauce - Gluten free*

:)

And, Ragu is owned by Unilever, whose policy is to list all possible gluten containing ingredients.  If you don't see wheat, barley, rye, malt...you're good to go.