Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Nutrametrix Supplements

3 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I recently just joined and find this forum to be very helpful. After two long years of all sorts of weird issues (joint pain, numbness and tingling, acid reflux) and thousands of dollars in medical bills with no answers for my symptoms turns out about 3 weeks ago monday my biopsy and blood test came back positive for Celiac Disease.. FINALLY looks like i may have an answer. 

Long story short my doctor is having me take Nutrametrix supplements ( ORAC, OPC-3, B-Complex, Might-a-mins, Aloe Vera Juice, and a Probiotic) To treat the nausea and burning sensation in my gut. Have any of you taken these supplements? Have they helped you? 

ORAC

OPC-3                             2x daily empty stomach

Activated-B Complex

Nutriclean Probiotic     2x daily before meals 

Might-a-mins      after/or before meals or PRN (as needed)

Aloe Juice natural flavor     2oz 4-5x as PRN 

Ads by Google:

I'm glad you have an answer, and welcome.

After looking up those supplements, my first thought is what stake does your doctor have in the company? If you purchase the cheapest way possible, 90 pills at a time, that is $200 for 45 days of supplements. And that's just the supplements, not the rest! Another $70 for probiotics, plus however many of the others you take. And at $26 a bottle for that aloe juice and 16  2oz servings you'll go through two bottles a week if that means 4-5 times a day as needed. I can tell you what I'd tell my doctor, no matter if I had the money to spend on it or not.

There are a lot of supplements and probiotics on the market. Your doctor having a financial stake in the company shouldn't influence which you choose to take. Have you been tested for vitamin deficiencies before you start taking anything or is your doctor just advising a random catch-all? A good B complex is something I see a significant number of people here say they take because they were deficient in B something or other. The ORAC and OPC-3 don't seem to offer any actual benefit, did the doctor provide sound medical reasoning on why you should be taking each of these? They both really seem an awful lot like snake oil to be perfectly honest.

I'm sure there will be people along with more knowledge of probiotics and supplements than I have. I have never taken mine in liquid form, I've always taken pills when I take them. I take ones with a USP stamp on them, which means they are independently reviewed by an outside source for quality. Nature Made is a good company and will label on their bottle if they are gluten free or not. It is my go-to company for supplements. I don't take a probiotic so I don't really have any advice on that one.

Thanks for the reply!

It was my doctors nurse practitioner who suggested I take those supplements. She was the first person I saw since being diagnosed and my symptoms included joint pain, headaches, numbness tingling, and bad stomach pains from dull to sharp. My GI told me my stomach was severely inflamed and would probably take about 6 months to heal.. Ill assume thats why I'm taking the Aloe Vera? My B-12 is also low at 300 not critical but for someone my age who eats healthy anyway should be around 550-700. The pro biotic and stomach enzymes are to help with digestion and stomach pain (is what i was told) As for the OPC and ORAC.. Looks like body cleansing and maybe some joint relief? I got blood drawn that day and don't understand most of the results but I do know I am not anemic I will get the results Thursday. I was told the Vili being dull and not being able to "pluck" nutrients that solid pills for vitamins would not be a good choice this early on for me. 

As for a financial stake.. Their office does sell these products however I did not buy them from their office... I do realize they are very expensive but at this point dealing with pain for 2 years ill do anything to feel better especially since I just got a full time Fire Department job and will be taking my PAT test in a week! So there was Urgency on my part.. I know it wont go away tomorrow but any relief would be great.. 

I will be seeing my actual PCP for the first time this Thursday and a nutritionist this Wens. I will update after those appointments. 

Thank you,

Gregory