3 replies to this topic

#1 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

being born and raised in nj meant one thing to all of us northern nj brats - you cut your baby teeth on a pizza crust :)  so, for the past few years i have been suffering through visits up there and watching everybody inhale their yummy pizza.  or travel over an hour to have gluten free pizza by myself.  recently, my girlfriend told me about a new place that serves gluten free pizza right near her house in oak ridge, nj (jefferson twp) - after the whole domino's (we can't guarantee that it's celiac safe) dealio, i was pretty skeptical.  then she told me she went and talked to the owners and the wife is celiac - well, that made my ears perk up.  so, we ordered and i quizzed the girl on the phone.  she was very knowledgeable and said they had a separate area where the pizzas are made.  they don't make their own gluten-free crust, but the toppings and whatnot are kept separate from 'regular' ones, so no cc :)  also, they have stuffed shells and ravioli, etc..   so, not just a 'trendy diet' offering.  you can actually eat here safely.  oh, and they give you your own (adorable) pizza cutter and you cut it yourself.  it was pretty yummy - yay!!  and everybody who ordered 'regular' pizza also said it was delicious.  so go eat pizza, lolz  ;)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 howlnmad

howlnmad

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

It was pretty damn good. :D And I was very happy that she found this place. Now, if they would only deliver 750 miles.

#3 AlwaysLearning

AlwaysLearning

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm jealous! Every eating-out experience I've had to date has meant getting glutened! 

You should post the restaurant's name and address.

#4 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm jealous! Every eating-out experience I've had to date has meant getting glutened! 

You should post the restaurant's name and address.

i hardly ever eat out because of that - i think i order out/eat out only 4 times per year and it makes me nervous.  a few times i just order the (dinner or whatever) and take it home 'just in case'  - i had luck with jason's deli down here in knoxville  :) 

that's the name of it:  pinto's - are you familiar with oak ridge nj?  it's right on bvr on the jefferson side of milton.  

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: northern nj, gluten free pizza, jefferson twp, oak ridge, nj, celiac friendly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: