Hoping someone else has had this happen: My 2.5 year old was 99% potty trained 3 weeks ago (and had been for quite some time, can't remember when we last used diapers)...we then went gluten free and in the last two weeks she has completely un potty trained. Random pee accidents especially , sometimes right after she says she doesn't have to go. Very confused about this, trying not to be too frustrated as I'm guessing it is somehow tied in with the diet change. Anyone else?
3 Weeks gluten-free- Toddler Has Potty Untrained.
Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:43 AM
Hopefully it will settle soon
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein
Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:14 AM
It's common that they "lose" potty abilities in the training process. I wouldn't place blame on the diet. It happens often.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users