Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Classic Mediterranean Lamb Kebabs (Gluten-Free) - Celiac.com

1 post in this topic

Classic Mediterranean Lamb Kebabs (Gluten-Free)

Celiac.com

Celiac.com 07/23/2013 - Lamb is a delicious, but often overlooked addition to outdoor summer cooking. These lamb kebabs come together easily, with minimal prep and cleanup. They grill up quickly, and offer a delicious alternative to more common beef or ...

View the full article

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• I can't believe your doctors!!! You have a daughter who is dx'd already! Yet the ped doesn't want to test your other kids unless you have a dx????!!! Are you kidding me???!!! That's absurd!!! They have a first degree relative who has been dx'd with celiac already. There is no need to wait to see what you turn out to be!! And then, and then, and then....don't even get me started on your doctor!!! Does he have brain damage? Oh this is insane & ridiculous!  I have never heard of a disease that doctors are so unwilling to consider or test for OR to diagnose as this one! Usually they are hot to trot to make a dx but say the word celiac & they shake in their boots. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • I had a negative biopsy and was still diagnosed with Celiac. My GI ran a bunch of tests looking for the cause of my 15+ years of diarrhea and the only thing that came back positive was the entire Celiac panel. All very high. So he performed an endoscopy with biopsy. The biopsy was negative. So he ordered a genetic test. When that came back as "high risk" he decided a trial gluten free diet was in order. After 8 weeks my symptoms resolved and my antibodies were back to normal. Since then, follow up testing had shown I have osteoporosis. I am a 40 year old male.  So yes, you can definitely still have it and have significant damage with a negative biopsy. 
    • Pork Fried Rice  (Gluten Free, Dairy Free) Prep time: About 15 minutes Cook time: About 10 minutes Makes: 3-4 servings   Ingredients: 4 Pork Chops,  1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4-1/2 teaspoons black pepper 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil 1/2 large or 1 small onion 2 large carrots 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/4 green cabbage, very finely sliced 1-2 heads of broccoli, roasted and salted(optional) 2-3 eggs 2-3 cups cooked white rice  2 Tablespoons gluten-free Tamari or Coconut Aminos Sriracha (optional)   Instructions: 1. Cut pork chops into small bite sized pieces.  2. Next add a tablespoon of coconut oil to a large wok and heat on medium-high heat for a about a minute.   3. Add your chopped pork chops to the wok and season with the salt, black pepper.  Cook for about 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. 4. While your pork chops are cooking, dice your onion, mince your garlic cloves, chop your carrots and finely slice your cabbage. 5. Once your pork is lightly browned, add all your veggies and stir fry over medium-high heat fro about 5 minutes. 6. Make a hole in the middle of your veggies and add your eggs.  Scramble your eggs with a big metal spatula until they are cooked and then mix everything together. 7. Add your cooked rice and about 2 Tablespoons of Tamari. Mix everything together and cook for another 3-4 minutes or just enough to warm up the rice.
    • Annual celiac antibody testing is, in my opinion (and based on what celiac researchers have published), is critical, especially for a 12 year old.  Life is going to get harder for her.  Peer pressure is huge (I have a 15 year old daughter), and remaining diet compliant can be tough.   In Dr. Fasano's, Gluten Freedom, he discusses a young patient who became ill in high school after being gluten free for years.  His parents were perplexed.  Dr. Fasano took the young man aside and he confessed that while on a date, he didn't want to bring up his celiac disease.  So, he ate pizza.  He was too embarrassed to tell his parents.   My daughter does not have celiac disease.  She was first tested two years ago.  Since she is symptom free, is not anemic and her other lab work is fine, we'll wait to test her in another year.  It all depends on the patient, but every few years, testing is recommended for all undiagnosed first-degree relatives.   It certainly sounds like your younger children should be screened.   I wish you both well!      
    • Perhaps you should consider asking for a GI referral.  You might just skip the blood tests and go directly to an endoscopy/biopsies while you are still consuming gluten.  It is the "gold" standard for a celiac diagnosis anyway!   Here's the deal with going gluten free.  You can do it.  It costs nothing, but you must give it six months or longer.  You'd need to think like a celiac, but it can be done!  I'll tell you my tale.  My hubby went gluten-free 15 years ago per the very poor advice of his GP/PCP and my allergist.  After a year of mistakes and learning, he got well.  It worked!  Thirteen years later, I was formally diagnosed.  (It was a shock as I was only anemic at the time.)  Hubby would be the first to say that I have had way more support from family, friends and medical.  I must say, it's nice to see those lab results.  It really helped me adhere to the diet in the beginning too.   So, you know your medical situation.  You must do what's best for you!   I hope you feel better soon!  
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jashan8534