Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Need Advice, Please!

55 posts in this topic

Thank you GFinDC

They got to terminal ileum, but couldn't see any problems!  They did say they'd do a pillcam next, I really hope they do as I am convinced her problems are in her small bowel! 

xx

Ads by Google:

Any news on the Julie front Niks?  IS she closer to a diagnosis?  Or to a  pillcam and her Hollywood debut? :)

She has been dreadful. Admitted for fluids and IV antisickness 3 times over last 2 weeks. Also once for kidney stones!! She's never had kidney stones before!! She also has a UTI poor thing.

She's losing weight rapidly and not keeping any solid food down. Luckily at the moment she is keeping clear fluids down, but this is hit and miss!

Next GI appointment is next Tuesday, but have no dates for pillcam! They're also doing stomach emptying test but haven't got date for that either.

She's being followed up by nurologist after kidney stones, sure that'll be months away!! :(

Bummer!  Sorry Niks,  These things can be a long road sometimes.  I wonder if any of her meds have kidney stones as a possible side affect?  Are they treating them with ultra sound?

It sounds like she might have a blockage in her intestine.  They do have surgeries that can treat that condition.  My brother had several surgeries for his Crohn's and did much better after them.  I had a coworker with Crohn's who had large sections of her gut removed and she did fine afterwards.  She just had to eat small meals more frequently.  That was years ago though and I think they have better drugs available now.  So surgery may not be needed at all.

Enteral nutrition is sometimes used to help calm down the immune attack on the gut.  It is supposed to be less irritating and easier to absorb too.  It is supposed to be a kind of stabilizing / healing treatment.

Thanks for the update.  I hope and pray that Julie will get relief soon. :)

GFinDC - Thank you!  The problem is Jaime has no diagnosis of Crohn's!  They can't 'rule it out' but haven't seen any active crohn's on any scopes.  There are a meters of small intestine that can't be seen on scopes so it is extrememly frustrating!

She has previously been on fortisip compact when she hasn't been tolerating solids but as she stands right now she can't keep them down either.  

She is just hanging on until next Tuesday, they are going to have to come up with a plan, I think EN might work but they may have to bypass her stomach. Not sure how that's going to go down!  They think the kidney stones were caused through severe  dehydration.  I just hope that she can keep hydrated enough until her appointment.

They think that the stones have passed by themselves.