16 replies to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

Is that even possible? I didn't smoke in 3 days and today I did quite a little but not extra and I get all the cramps, asthma, spams as if I had been glutened. Could be food related, I also tried hemp protein today.

Regardless, I'll definitively have to give this a break, since I was good for 3 days I figured why not, bad idea.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

Thats enuf to make anyone stop!! I cannot smoke Marijuana, it puts me right out!! Then I wake up sick to my stomach , I cannot take any high power drugs or alcohol , I used to drink beer but pfffttt cannot even do that. I broke my wrist two years ago, they had to put pins and plates in. for pain I got Extra Strength Tylenol with NO codeine , cannot even tolerate codeine. Probably won't be long and I won't be able to take Tylenol .....

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#3 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

I had it for a while and in big enough quantity but since i got gluten symtoms, it just make me feel bad now.

#4 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

I read before on here how it made someone's glutening symptoms better.  What was your source?  I heard on a podcast recently about a poisoning outbreak that came from marijuana that was spiked with manure.  Maybe it was was contaminated with gluten.  Spiked with flour.  I imagine flour is a lot less expensive than pot.  I know cocaine is often cut with stuff.  Another possibility is the rolling papers.  I have heard that the adhesive contains gluten, but that may be one of those myths.  You could try a pipe instead.

#5 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

I was thinking through several things myself. I waited to post because I wasn't exactly at my best yesterday. First, I would question whether or not your source is pure. Second, I'm going to agree here that I've also heard (although have no proof one way or the other) that rolling papers can be a problem. A pipe or bong would alleviate this risk, as would contacting the rolling paper companies. The third thing that crossed my mind was that you did two things at more or less the same time. You smoked, and you added hemp. There is no real way to know which caused you problems. The hemp could have been through CC unless you sourced it to be gluten free hemp (I hope you aren't buying from bulk bins?) or it could simply be that at the moment you aren't able to handle it, or the amount of it you had. You could try smoking, and hemp independently and see how that goes. And, I know this is a real stretch, but if it isn't like 600 kinds of illegal where you are you could always just grow your own. Then you know you aren't getting wonky crap in your weed.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

Its a source i been using for a long time not some street crap and it has given my symptoms and sometime not but more often it did give me symptoms. The hemp protein gave me stomach burn.

#7 etbtbfs

etbtbfs

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

Is that even possible? I didn't smoke in 3 days and today I did quite a little but not extra and I get all the cramps, asthma, spams as if I had been glutened. Could be food related, I also tried hemp protein today.

Regardless, I'll definitively have to give this a break, since I was good for 3 days I figured why not, bad idea.

First, I hope you are vaporizing your 420 rather than rolling & smoking it.  Smoking creates too many toxins.  If you must do 420, make sure you drink extra water to hydrate.

While I had gluten enteropathy, I could not tolerate any intoxicant.  Alcohol (a depressant) was especially bad.  The two key factors in this, triggered by gluten, were: (1) hypothyroidism, and (2) hypoproteinemia.

#8 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

Ya weed definitively make me sick now :/ The one thing I really really enjoyed more then food itself, this is just plain bad, It makes the right side of my guts spasms, I don't see how weed could be containing gluten, it isn't gridded stuff like coke it is pure fresh marijuana, you suggest I get a vaporizer? If so, which one would you recommend?

Edit: I looked them up, it really does seem like this would make sure the weed is pure, but a good vaporizer is like 600$ can I find something cheaper?

#9 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Edit: I looked them up, it really does seem like this would make sure the weed is pure, but a good vaporizer is like 600$ can I find something cheaper?

don't they make bongs anymore??  jeez........  

i seriously doubt something you're smoking can gluten you - 1, it's smoke and 2, it goes in your lungs, not your intestines.  and if you're eating it, stop it.  i know some people who just can't smoke weed - it makes them nauseas..  you don't *need* it, like food, so just quit it - plus it will save you some $$.  

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#10 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Just a thought....if I am remembering correctly you have been gluten-free for a month or two.  Perhaps your body is reacting differently to marijuana than it had in the past?  

There is a strong connection between the brain and the gut...would not surprise me if your tolerance to pot changes just as many have a change in the amount of alcohol or different food groups they can tolerate after removing gluten.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#11 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

i seriously doubt something you're smoking can gluten you - 1, it's smoke and 2, it goes in your lungs, not your intestines.  and if you're eating it, stop it.  i know some people who just can't smoke weed - it makes them nauseas..  you don't *need* it, like food, so just quit it - plus it will save you some $$.  

Erm, you dont need your coffee do you? Again I had it for years, until my glutens symptoms show up.

#12 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

Since you pointed out that hemp made your stomach burn, and you are reacting poorly to smoking, it is entirely possible that you are simply reacting to the plant as a whole and are intolerant to it right now. Just as many here have had to give up a multitude of foods that may give us great pleasure to partake in, no, none of us need any of those things. If you choose to continue to partake of something that is obviously making you sick, that is your choice, although based on the fact that you are making other changes in your life to be a healthier person (being gluten free) it is a pretty poor one. Some people "outgrow" intolerances, others don't. Waiting and giving your body time to heal without giving it more things to fight will be the best thing to do for it right now.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#13 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

Since you pointed out that hemp made your stomach burn, and you are reacting poorly to smoking, it is entirely possible that you are simply reacting to the plant as a whole and are intolerant to it right now. Just as many here have had to give up a multitude of foods that may give us great pleasure to partake in, no, none of us need any of those things. If you choose to continue to partake of something that is obviously making you sick, that is your choice, although based on the fact that you are making other changes in your life to be a healthier person (being gluten free) it is a pretty poor one. Some people "outgrow" intolerances, others don't. Waiting and giving your body time to heal without giving it more things to fight will be the best thing to do for it right now.

Well weed is definitively out of the way until I heal, my question was rather if that person who mentioned the vaporizer felt it was something he needed at first or even after having healed.

#14 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Erm, you dont need your coffee do you? Again I had it for years, until my glutens symptoms show up.

nope - i don't drink coffee - it makes me sick :P

but, yes, i get your point.  i am having a different reaction to alcoholic beverages the longer i am gluten free.  can't drink wine anymore.  unless i have bail $$  ;)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#15 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

OMG about fell on the floor!! Ty hahahaha if it hurts ... don't do it!! If ya smack your toe with a hammer and it hurts quit smacking it with a hammer!! So if smoking pot bothers your gut! Quit smoking it :) sometimes it is so easy!! :) Sorry I just had to laugh at : Don't they make bongs anymore ?? LOL 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: