Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Smoking Marijuana Seems To Gives Me All The Gluten Symptoms

17 posts in this topic

Is that even possible? I didn't smoke in 3 days and today I did quite a little but not extra and I get all the cramps, asthma, spams as if I had been glutened. Could be food related, I also tried hemp protein today.

Regardless, I'll definitively have to give this a break, since I was good for 3 days I figured why not, bad idea.

Ads by Google:

Thats enuf to make anyone stop!! I cannot smoke Marijuana, it puts me right out!! Then I wake up sick to my stomach , I cannot take any high power drugs or alcohol , I used to drink beer but pfffttt cannot even do that. I broke my wrist two years ago, they had to put pins and plates in. for pain I got Extra Strength Tylenol with NO codeine , cannot even tolerate codeine. Probably won't be long and I won't be able to take Tylenol .....

I had it for a while and in big enough quantity but since i got gluten symtoms, it just make me feel bad now.

I read before on here how it made someone's glutening symptoms better.  What was your source?  I heard on a podcast recently about a poisoning outbreak that came from marijuana that was spiked with manure.  Maybe it was was contaminated with gluten.  Spiked with flour.  I imagine flour is a lot less expensive than pot.  I know cocaine is often cut with stuff.  Another possibility is the rolling papers.  I have heard that the adhesive contains gluten, but that may be one of those myths.  You could try a pipe instead.

I was thinking through several things myself. I waited to post because I wasn't exactly at my best yesterday. First, I would question whether or not your source is pure. Second, I'm going to agree here that I've also heard (although have no proof one way or the other) that rolling papers can be a problem. A pipe or bong would alleviate this risk, as would contacting the rolling paper companies. The third thing that crossed my mind was that you did two things at more or less the same time. You smoked, and you added hemp. There is no real way to know which caused you problems. The hemp could have been through CC unless you sourced it to be gluten free hemp (I hope you aren't buying from bulk bins?) or it could simply be that at the moment you aren't able to handle it, or the amount of it you had. You could try smoking, and hemp independently and see how that goes. And, I know this is a real stretch, but if it isn't like 600 kinds of illegal where you are you could always just grow your own. Then you know you aren't getting wonky crap in your weed.

Its a source i been using for a long time not some street crap and it has given my symptoms and sometime not but more often it did give me symptoms. The hemp protein gave me stomach burn.

Is that even possible? I didn't smoke in 3 days and today I did quite a little but not extra and I get all the cramps, asthma, spams as if I had been glutened. Could be food related, I also tried hemp protein today.

Regardless, I'll definitively have to give this a break, since I was good for 3 days I figured why not, bad idea.

First, I hope you are vaporizing your 420 rather than rolling & smoking it.  Smoking creates too many toxins.  If you must do 420, make sure you drink extra water to hydrate.

While I had gluten enteropathy, I could not tolerate any intoxicant.  Alcohol (a depressant) was especially bad.  The two key factors in this, triggered by gluten, were: (1) hypothyroidism, and (2) hypoproteinemia.

Ya weed definitively make me sick now :/ The one thing I really really enjoyed more then food itself, this is just plain bad, It makes the right side of my guts spasms, I don't see how weed could be containing gluten, it isn't gridded stuff like coke it is pure fresh marijuana, you suggest I get a vaporizer? If so, which one would you recommend?

Edit: I looked them up, it really does seem like this would make sure the weed is pure, but a good vaporizer is like 600$ can I find something cheaper?

Edit: I looked them up, it really does seem like this would make sure the weed is pure, but a good vaporizer is like 600$ can I find something cheaper?

don't they make bongs anymore??  jeez........  

i seriously doubt something you're smoking can gluten you - 1, it's smoke and 2, it goes in your lungs, not your intestines.  and if you're eating it, stop it.  i know some people who just can't smoke weed - it makes them nauseas..  you don't *need* it, like food, so just quit it - plus it will save you some $$.  

Just a thought....if I am remembering correctly you have been gluten-free for a month or two.  Perhaps your body is reacting differently to marijuana than it had in the past?  

There is a strong connection between the brain and the gut...would not surprise me if your tolerance to pot changes just as many have a change in the amount of alcohol or different food groups they can tolerate after removing gluten.

i seriously doubt something you're smoking can gluten you - 1, it's smoke and 2, it goes in your lungs, not your intestines.  and if you're eating it, stop it.  i know some people who just can't smoke weed - it makes them nauseas..  you don't *need* it, like food, so just quit it - plus it will save you some $$.  

Erm, you dont need your coffee do you? Again I had it for years, until my glutens symptoms show up.

Since you pointed out that hemp made your stomach burn, and you are reacting poorly to smoking, it is entirely possible that you are simply reacting to the plant as a whole and are intolerant to it right now. Just as many here have had to give up a multitude of foods that may give us great pleasure to partake in, no, none of us need any of those things. If you choose to continue to partake of something that is obviously making you sick, that is your choice, although based on the fact that you are making other changes in your life to be a healthier person (being gluten free) it is a pretty poor one. Some people "outgrow" intolerances, others don't. Waiting and giving your body time to heal without giving it more things to fight will be the best thing to do for it right now.

Since you pointed out that hemp made your stomach burn, and you are reacting poorly to smoking, it is entirely possible that you are simply reacting to the plant as a whole and are intolerant to it right now. Just as many here have had to give up a multitude of foods that may give us great pleasure to partake in, no, none of us need any of those things. If you choose to continue to partake of something that is obviously making you sick, that is your choice, although based on the fact that you are making other changes in your life to be a healthier person (being gluten free) it is a pretty poor one. Some people "outgrow" intolerances, others don't. Waiting and giving your body time to heal without giving it more things to fight will be the best thing to do for it right now.

Well weed is definitively out of the way until I heal, my question was rather if that person who mentioned the vaporizer felt it was something he needed at first or even after having healed.

Erm, you dont need your coffee do you? Again I had it for years, until my glutens symptoms show up.

nope - i don't drink coffee - it makes me sick :P

but, yes, i get your point.  i am having a different reaction to alcoholic beverages the longer i am gluten free.  can't drink wine anymore.  unless i have bail $$  ;)

OMG about fell on the floor!! Ty hahahaha if it hurts ... don't do it!! If ya smack your toe with a hammer and it hurts quit smacking it with a hammer!! So if smoking pot bothers your gut! Quit smoking it :) sometimes it is so easy!! :) Sorry I just had to laugh at : Don't they make bongs anymore ?? LOL 

Comparing pot to injurying urself... Ill definitively will find a way to ingest thc in me, just gotta find how. For now im waiting, most likely because my body need a break from being gluten damaged. Then try a vaporizer or cook it could work.

I don't mean to be dis respectful at all, I was just trying to say, if it bothers you stay away from it. Is it something you "Have to have?" then try it in different ways, but really if it gives you glutenized symptoms then just don't smoke it.