9 replies to this topic

#1 come dance with me

come dance with me

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:05 AM

Yep, been drinking, think I had a bit much. Off to bed now, but wanted to kow what do you drink and how much and how often? I've been incresing alcohol consumption lately.

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

Yep, been drinking, think I had a bit much. Off to bed now, but wanted to know what do you drink and how much and how often? I've been increasing alcohol consumption lately.

Eh, mostly water, a little coffee here and there sometimes.  You do know most people are too busy drinking on Friday night to take time to reply tho right?  :D

Otherwise I might try some kind of rum or vodka once in a while.  Mainly to help with getting to sleep faster.  I saw a commercial for this Tito's vodka recently.  They said it is gluten-free and made from corn. I haven't tried it myself.   You'd have got a lot of responses by posting your question in the funny pages thread.  They have some little experience with drinking there.

http://titosvodka.com/find/

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

Eh, mostly water, a little coffee here and there sometimes.  You do know most people are too busy drinking on Friday night to take time to reply tho right?  :D

Otherwise I might try some kind of rum or vodka once in a while.  Mainly to help with getting to sleep faster.  I saw a commercial for this Tito's vodka recently.  They said it is gluten-free and made from corn. I haven't tried it myself.   You'd have got a lot of responses by posting your question in the funny pages thread.  They have some little experience with drinking there.

http://titosvodka.com/find/

On this thread?

http://www.celiac.co...120#entry882889

Why....we never drink! We are a serious and sober group!

smiley-eatdrink007.gif

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

On this thread?

http://www.celiac.co...120#entry882889

Why....we never drink! We are a serious and sober group!

smiley-eatdrink007.gif

Martini for me, please. A REAL one made with gin... If not, wine will do.  :ph34r:

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Martini for me, please. A REAL one made with gin... If not, wine will do.  :ph34r:

As I remember, you & I like some nice red wine!

drinking-red-wine.gif

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

As I remember, you & I like some nice red wine!

drinking-red-wine.gif

Indeed we do.  :)

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 0range

0range

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

Used to drink pretty frequently (your typical university student :P) 2-3 years ago, but not anymore! Now I just get dizzy after drinking a sip, for some reason. So I just have virgin versions of my favourite drinks. Haven't had any since January 2013. 

Canadian undergraduate student in 3rd year, studying Psychology and Speech Communication. Hoping to go into rehabilitation sciences!  B)

Dx with: 

Hashimoto's thyroiditis - 22/09/12

benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (bppv) - 18/05/13

irritable bowel syndrome - 21/06/13 

HLA-DQ8 gene ~ heterozygous (moderate risk for celiac) - 29/11/13

-> underwent a colonoscopy on 24/08/13, showed mild focal colitis + lymphoid hyperplasia (aka inflammation) in terminal ileum

#8 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

Hahaha is it bad that I don't even remember writing this thread?

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#9 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

Hahaha is it bad that I don't even remember writing this thread?

Hey, thoze r the best kind of threds.  hick! :)

I see some of the "experts" on drinking from the funny pages have loaned their assistance to answering your query.

Seems to me there are quite few threads on drinking on this here forum.  Probably has some medicinal use I suppose.

The important thing is to never mention the NSA in one of your posts about drinking.  Don't want them to flag you for invites to Friday night parties after all.  Although they probably know how to party purty good.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#10 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

The important thing is to never mention the NSA in one of your posts about drinking.  Don't want them to flag you for invites to Friday night parties after all.  Although they probably know how to party purty good.

Its cool for her to mention it though, she's across the pond. The rest of us though.... and heck, I'm in Utah. I may very well end up with a party invite! :ph34r:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: