This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Men Are Stupid

Chad Sines

Chad Sines Rising Star

I knew that title would get this read. lol.

I went a year gluten-free and felt so much better and then over the last two months blew it. I figured the best way to get back on track was to shame myself online.

I recently started Paleo because I am also allergic to dairy, which I have been eating as well.

It is so weird how your head is on right for a period of time, you see the results, and then something flips and you go stupid...or maybe I am the only one who does that.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Renegade Contributor

Please don't discriminate an entire gender for your mistakes, it isn't men fault that you lost motivation and got off track, you could have easily called yourself stupid if you needed shame so badly.

surviormom Rookie

Not a man and I have done it.

notme Experienced

hey chad - durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lolz 

just bustin' ya buddy - it's not just men ;)

Chad Sines Rising Star

I do find it puzzling how we can self-sabotage so easy even after seeing and experiencing the positives and not missing the things you no longer eat. 

bartfull Rising Star

My husband's friend Chuck always told  his wife and me that women were MUCH smarter than men.

Think about it for a few minutes and then tell me who was smart.

I have never sabotaged myself (except in my dreams), but I think we have all had at least a whisper of temptation from time to time. Chalk it up to experience and get back on that horse.

AlwaysLearning Collaborator

Thanks for the giggle.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

yup, the title sure got my attention!! :lol:

Chad,

I know you are a lot smarter than this, and I also know you have a good sense of humor, so 

instead of my usual  mother-hennish "never, never, never cheat!"  lecture...I'm just going to say:

You are only stupid if you do it again. 

Pretty girl. Ask her is she thinks you're stupid.  :D if she says YES, then you are.

Seriously, don't be stupid anymore. Don't make me come over there, young man.

Take care, IH

howlnmad Newbie

Yes I am. :blink:

answerseeker Enthusiast

It's only been a little over 3 weeks gluten free and I've been stupid lol. I'm not a man. I've grabbed a bite of my daughters mall pretzel (who can resist those) and she becomes the mother. My 13 yr old daughter is the one telling me "I told you so".

This is not easy we suddenly have to stop the foods we love. It's hard for me because I haven't been officially diagnosed. My GI doc believes I have it but tests were negative. So it's easy for me to cheat and say to myself well I may not even have celiac. But then after that bite and the suffering that comes after, I think my doc is right

:-/

IrishHeart Veteran

:lol:  you made me laugh right out loud....thanks, I needed that. Tell your wife she has a funny guy..

GottaSki Mentor

I knew that title would get this read. lol.

I went a year gluten-free and felt so much better and then over the last two months blew it. I figured the best way to get back on track was to shame myself online.

I recently started Paleo because I am also allergic to dairy, which I have been eating as well.

It is so weird how your head is on right for a period of time, you see the results, and then something flips and you go stupid...or maybe I am the only one who does that.

I agree with Irish...very pretty girl...ask her if you are stupid.  I'd vote for you are too clever to be stupid...just need to hard wire that "I want gluten switch" to the off position -- just a little does hurt -- so stop it -- thanks for the clever thread :)

thanks for the giggle :D

Archived