2 replies to this topic

#1 becksss

becksss

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Hey i have been having horrible sores in my mouth...just horrible. They all start as blisters..so some sort of herpetiformis...it sucks. My doctor After having blood test said i came up positive for gluten antibodies so he said its best to stay away from gluten until i see a GI he has recommended they cant get me in for a biopsy until next month. So i have been gluten free for almost three weeks now...and i still have violent little bastardly ulcers in my mouth..has anyone who has delt with this tell me how long itll take before these symptoms go away? I would take stomach pains over this anyday..:(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Just an FYI - if you want any additional testing - like an endoscopy, you will need to continue eating gluten.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 AlwaysLearning

AlwaysLearning

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:01 AM

If the canker sores are being caused by gluten, they may not heal at all until you go gluten free. A canker sore that just kept getting bigger and bigger over several weeks was what made me finally pinpoint gluten as the source of my problems.

But yeah, if you want to get a definitive confirmation of celiac rather than just knowing that you have a gluten allergy, go get the endoscopy now before going gluten free. The detox and retox processes can both be pretty awful so you definitely don't want to go through it more than once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: