Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Dietery Advice Badly Needed! How To Live Without Grain?

• Please log in to reply

19 replies to this topic

#16 jaywalker

jaywalker

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Oh! gotta have another little grumble about the NHS.

To my great surprise, they were actually willing to prescribe the Vit D for me! (since i qualify for free prescriptions, this is an imprtant difference). However these turned out to have geletine capsules (not veggie!) and...wait for it...peanut oill (which I react to very horribly)

i was told that these were the only ones I could have on prescription and would have to buy my own Vit D, if not suitable *Sigh*

Shoulda guessed that in the first place.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 foam

foam

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

See if you can find the 50,000 IU capsules? a chemist local to me makes them and they are just a powder, I don't know if there's any filler but there's definitely no oil. Prescription only at that high dosage though.

#18 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

As for the burping, that's what pappadums do to me.  Not sure why.  I can eat any of the ingredients in them with no problems.  So it isn't that.

#19 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Oh! gotta have another little grumble about the NHS.

To my great surprise, they were actually willing to prescribe the Vit D for me! (since i qualify for free prescriptions, this is an imprtant difference). However these turned out to have geletine capsules (not veggie!) and...wait for it...peanut oill (which I react to very horribly)

i was told that these were the only ones I could have on prescription and would have to buy my own Vit D, if not suitable *Sigh*

Shoulda guessed that in the first place.

Wow!  That's horrible that they'd have peanut oil in them.  So many people have peanut allergies these days.  At least vitamin D isn't one of the more expensive supplements.

#20 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

You might consider a slow cooker.  When I was at my worst, I had a lot of trouble cutting up veggies.  But I found that if I could sit on a bar stool, it was doable.  I might only be able to work for a few minutes at a time though, putting things in the refrigerator until I could get back to them.  I could prep everything prior.  Granted, you'll lose a little of the vitamins by doing this but it was all I could do at the time.  You can then use the slow cooker for a soup or stew and if you fall asleep or forget about it for a few hours, It will still be okay.  And here, this is the time of year to buy such things because they are selling them cheap for college students.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: