Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Talking On The Phone + Cooking Pancakes For My Kids= Eating The Little Burnt Pieces Without Even Thinking!

8 posts in this topic

So, despite working so hard for the last 2 months to NOT contaminate myself, I went and ate the little pancake cooked droplets while I was talking on the phone with my mother in law. STUPID ME! I directly contaminated myself! THe amount was minute (only one tiny little piece) but still, so much for  a clean system! 

Now, I will see if there are any effects from it...

Ads by Google:

yup - did that myself - making kids leftover chinese food (with regular 'wheat' soy sauce in it) and licked my fingers - if i had any doubt that gluten messed me up, it disappeared quickly!!  *immediate* reaction - i wore gloves for a few weeks to teach myself not to lick my fingers...........  

last thanxgiving i licked the ladle to some cheese dip that everyone was dipping wheat crackers into - my daughter is hollering "MOM!  NO!"  as i was mid-lick lolz  :o

it happens - you'll get better at it  -_-

One more reason everybody gets gluten free pancakes when I'm cooking, picky husband and less-picky toddler.

I actually have a great gluten free flour mixture that I have used and the kids love it but we had company today so I didnt want to throw foreign food items her way! So far though, I feel ok and my skin has not broken out...thank goodness! 

I have actually found that I like Gluten Free pancakes a lot more than normal icky wheat based mixtures. I just made some this morning with Bob's and Blackberries. Hoping not to have a reaction because I really like em!

Maybe you could wear a mask while cooking gluten cakes.  That would look really "cool".

Eh, my guests all get gluten free food when they are here.  Actually, though, people tend to look forward to it, because the food still always tastes good. :)

I was feeding my son some spaghetti and he knocked a noodle onto my arm. I went to eat it off, as my hands were busy, and it was my 8 year old daughter who yelled at me to stop.

I have to conscientiously think before I lick my fingers, grab a bite of anything...

I've been told in time it will become automatic and I won't have to think so hard about it. That is good news to my ADHD mind.