7 replies to this topic

#1 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

... is causing me to taste stomach acid in my mouth?

Does anyone have any idea on how i can get it to stop? I can go brush my teeth and it'll last about an hour or so then its back.

I should also add that its making my stomach upset as well.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 HumanDecency

HumanDecency

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

I take 30 mg of prevacid everyday (per doctor)

Use an enzyme/probiotic after eating.

Avoid acid causing foods - eat more stuff on the alkaline scale.

Don't lay down for three hours after eating

Raise the head of your bed 6 to 8 inches or sleep in a recliner. 

It's still a battle, but these things help.

Take care, my friend. 

#3 surviormom

surviormom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

That is why I was so sick with every pregnancy.  I understand now.  Do you have low gastric acid?

Gluten Free 2012 - Dairy Free 2012 - Acid Reflux Diet 2013

Chronic Gastritis 2013 - Peptic Duodenitis 2013 - Hiatal Hernia 2013 - C-Diff 2013 - Endometriosis 2013 - Uterine Fibroids 2013

Patellar Tendonitis 2013 - Arthritis 2014 - NCGI 2014 - Erosive Esophagitis 2014 - Barretts 2014

I have a long list of physical ailments that were being grouped into age/gender by doctors.

Began Gluten Free and Casein Free after an Allergy Test trying to find answers to health problems that the doctors just were not answering well enough. Looking back through history, I have a lifetime of allergies and gastro issues.

Learn from yesterday, Live for today, and Hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

#4 HumanDecency

HumanDecency

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

That is why I was so sick with every pregnancy.  I understand now.  Do you have low gastric acid?

Can they test for low gastric acid?

#5 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

I read an awesome book called Why Stomach Acid is Good for You and highly recommend it!!  There is a test called a Heidelberg Capsule Test that can measure stomach acid.  More often than not acid reflux is caused by low stomach acid rather than too much stomach acid.  There's an interesting study discussed in the book relating low stomach acid to increased prevailance for asthma.  Here's a link to the book if you're interested http://www.amazon.co...is good for you

Totally worth the read!

Can they test for low gastric acid?

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

#6 twe0708

twe0708

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

... is causing me to taste stomach acid in my mouth?

Does anyone have any idea on how i can get it to stop? I can go brush my teeth and it'll last about an hour or so then its back.

I should also add that its making my stomach upset as well.

It depends on what you are eating.  I had to stop eating apples because they were causing me problems.  I would be careful about taking medicine because there was just a news report about a husband who received medicine for acid reflux and he thought he was good to go until he ended up with esophageal cancer after taking the medicine for a few years.  I think medicine is just like a band aid, as are all other medicines.  You probably should select a handful of foods to eat everyday and then introduce a new food item until you can see what triggers your acid reflux.  There is a pill out there for everything, but I think it all has to do with what we put in our body.  People just think it's easier to pop a pill which can cause other medical problems instead of taking the time to figure out what's causing their problem.  Good luck!

#7 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

I have had no problems since going gluten-free, and giving up sugar for a few months. I can now eat fruit but not processed sugars.

I hope you get some relief, I had it years and remember how horrible it is.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#8 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

I think its gone now :ph34r:

Stress maybe I think caused it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: