Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Why Has My Hunger Craving Hasn't Changed Since Going gluten-free?

• Please log in to reply

20 replies to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:22 AM

I always been a very starving person, eating 5 to 6 meals a days and even bigger meals when I wasn't bloated constantly and when it got bad I would starve so much that I would eat a meal right before going to bed and get nauseous and starving during my sleep cycle, that's how hungry I would get.

Well I guess it changed a little from the fact I don't get nausea as much anymore but I am still starving all the time, It isn't rare for me to eat before bed and can't wait to finish my sleep circle so I can eat breakfast as fast as possible. I eat about 5 times a day now.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

How long has it been?  How long since the last accidental gluten ingestion?  You may need more time.  It may have a different cause.  Not everything is caused by gluten.

#3 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

I can't say for sure, from cross-contamination, could be anything from the 6 nuts i had 2 days ago that were made in the same facility as gluten but doesn't say it on the package, to those 2 vegetables i ate yesterday from spices that also may be in touch with gluten to that coffee i tried again since last week this morning.

As far as knowing for sure, the July 19th is my last known officially glutening.

#4 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

It took me months for my appetite to fall off. After one year gluten-free, I finally do not get the shakes if I don't eat every 2-3 hours. You may need more time.

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

What is also annoying is I get very hungry and it cause me to feel bloated because I still get C, it goes out in the morning a bit but way more goes in then out.

#6 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

"but way more goes in then out."

That surprised me at first too. Then I realized I was finally DIGESTING my food instead of it passing through. (The savings in TP almost covers my grocery bill! :lol: )

Just keep eating lots of small meals for a while. And there's nothing wrong with getting up in the middle of the night and eating a bit if your hunger wakes you. Try to have something handy that requires no prep. That way you can eat and go right back to bed without waking up too much.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#7 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

Yup, right now I'm so bloated it's pretty bad, going to reach for that castor oil bottle as soon as I get home.

#8 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Can you eat nuts? I was having a bit of trouble with C after going gluten-free. (Before going gluten-free it was the opposite.) Since I eat a handful or two of nuts every day now I haven't had that problem.

#9 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

I thought I could until recently, I was eating those almonds from the facility that manufacture with wheat in it but not on the same produce line (doesn't say anything on their package) and I was feeling totally good when eating them, I really thought almonds agreed with me until last week when I ate them and I felt bloated,cramps and nauseous, I had quite a few that day.

Then I tried eating just a tiny amount (6) 2 days ago and I felt gut pain, so I avoided nuts since then.

#10 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

COULD be CC. Or it could be the type of nuts. I can't do almonds for some reason but cashews work just fine. And as I said before, you can eat Planter's nuts without fear. They are one of the good guys (I believe Kraft owns them.) ANY gluten will be CLEARLY labeled, and anything that is processed in a facility that uses gluten will be clearly labeled.

#11 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

COULD be CC. Or it could be the type of nuts. I can't do almonds for some reason but cashews work just fine. And as I said before, you can eat Planter's nuts without fear. They are one of the good guys (I believe Kraft owns them.) ANY gluten will be CLEARLY labeled, and anything that is processed in a facility that uses gluten will be clearly labeled.

I'll give them a shot, if I feel bad then it's nut intolerance.

#12 AlwaysLearning

AlwaysLearning

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

I still think you need to get checked for other vitamin deficiencies. If your body really is in need of something, you'll continue to have cravings no matter how much you eat if it isn't getting what it really wants.

And many of your posts mention mono diets, eating the same things day after day. Add some more variety and more fiber and constipation issues should also ease up. One thing that can't hurt you is adding green leafy vegetables. You never see anyone here complaining about what their salad did to them. Make your own so you can avoid cross contamination, and add your own favorite veggies. That is also a great way to help with vitamin deficiencies since a variety of veggies is also a good way to get a variety of nutrients.

When it comes to pain and bloating, again, vitamin deficiencies can cause them, as well as eating foods low in fiber, and dehydration. Drink lots of water too.

#13 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:03 AM

I'll get checked for vitamins deficency once my finances allow me. Atm im taking ok probiotics and a good multi vitamin rich in all B and D3, with another boost from spirulina that is rich in B12 and iron. My diet is limited because i cut all grains and seem to have issue with nuts and more, i also cut nightshade for safety.

#14 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

All grain except rice

#15 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

"One thing that can't hurt you is adding green leafy vegetables. You never see anyone here complaining about what their salad did to them."

Actually, when I first started the diet, leafy greens went through me like water. I wasn't intolerant to them but my system was so messed up it seemed like EVERYTHING was giving me trouble. Switching to all organic foods for a while helped my body to settle down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: